It was said Africans capturing other Africans from different Ethics groups and selling them," other girl chimed in.

"Blossom, you're from Africa and I'm sure you've heard stories. What's your theory?" Brooke asked me.

Every pair of eyes fell on me, even the teacher's.

"Go ahead Blossom," Mr. Snagg said.

"While I agree that the first slave owner was Anthony Johnson, a black man, and that my people indeed captured and sell slaves to the Europeans, I don't agree that that made it okay to treat other human beings in such manners as the slaves were treated. It was despicable on both sides."

"So you agree that it was your people's fault?" Brooke asked me again with a laughter after.

"Okay, okay. Let's not get tensions into the air. This is a friendly discussion and we're moving on.

Who can tell me who freed the slaves in America and what date it took place?"

"Abraham Lincoln. On January 1st 1863," I answered.

"Excellent. On pages ten to twenty, are all the information about the trades, the owners, the boats, the counties and all the ways slaves were treated. Study it. Pop Quiz next class," Mr. Snagg finished.

"Uughhh," the class groaned and we used the remainder of the session to catch up on the studies.

__________________

At lunch, I sat in the cafeteria with my friends. I haven't seen Jevan all morning.

"Hey, you guys saw Jevan this morning?" I asked them.

"Nope," they answered.

We continue our meals, hoping that Jevan or Connor would appear but they didn't.

_____________

"I think we should go up there and see what's going on!" Sophia ordered and we started climbing to the secret lunch room.

Sophia pushed in the door and our eyes collided. Jevan's friends were having lunch but Jevan was standing in the corner, shouting in his phone.

He had an angry look on his face but it shifted when he saw me

He came towards me immediately, ending the call.

"Hi. I'm so sorry about lunch. I was caught in something and didn't even notice lunch is almost over," he explained.

"It's okay. I haven't seen you all morning. I just wanted to see you," I told him.

"Glad you're here. Because this little guy is now your responsibility. It's so good you're back." He handed our baby to me and planted a kiss on my forehead then my lips.

We heard the bell shortly after and we departed to our classes to finish off the day.

________________

After taking the school bus home since my mother had practically banished Jevan from my life (or at least, that's what she thought), I found the house to be empty.

I was expecting my mother to be home. She said she was going to be home bit I guess she was called into work.

I made myself something to eat and started to do some light cleaning. My mother had left her jacket on the sofa again. I picked it up to put it on a hook behind the door, when something fell out from it.

Peering down at what it was, I didn't want to believe my eyes.

I picked up the ring that was covered with diamonds all over it. It shimmered at me, reminding me of the ceiling in Jevan's aunt hotel room.

"Mama can't afford this. Where did she get this and why she would keep it in the jacket she usually goes to work with?" I asked myself.

I searched her jacket again and found her work number. I knew my mother was somewhat secretive about her job and barely talks about it with me.

Hiding my caller's ID, I dialled the number. After the third ring, a very feminine but very familiar voice spoke from the other end.

"The Diamond's residence. This is Brooke speaking. How can I help you?" she spoke. "Hello?" she kept asking. I quickly ended the call and an ocean of cold waves hit me.

My mother was a maid for Brooke and her parents.

__________________

A/N

Imagine, your mom working for the 'enemy'.

Do you think that's a valid reason as to why Mrs. Wright doesn't want her daughter with Jevan Hollen, in fear of losing her job?

Is Blossom going to confront her mother?

Is Brooke going to find out that Blossom's mother is her house maid and make Blossom's life more miserable at school?

**So many questions**
Look out for more updates very soon. And don't forget to vote. 😘