"It's okay, sweetie. You should join Aro. He wants to see you and your siblings immediately." Jane nodded before turning around and leaving.

Her eyes then diverted to me, again, the red stood out.

She offered me a smile. "Sophie, sit down, we need to talk."

I nodded as I took off my coat and hang it on a chair before walking over and sitting down on my bed.
She followed shortly after and sat a safe distance from me.

I expected to get a scolding about going to the beach with the others. Just because Jane had gotten off the hook so easily, it didn't mean I would.

She looked at the ground before she begun to speak.

"The meeting Aro and the others are having is about you." She spoke.

I looked up at her, my eyes widened. "What? Why? Did I do something?" I asked hurriedly.

She put her cool hands on mine. "No, sweetie, that's not it at all."

I was very aware of the fact that she had called me 'sweetie'. She used to call me that all the time before she died-left. But since I had gotten here, I had learnt that it was a term she reserved only for her new children.

She seemed to realise it too and took her hands off of mine.

"It's a meeting to decide your fate."she explained.

"That doesn't exactly sound reassuring either." I told her.

"Aro and I have been talking and he wants you to stay and join us." She spoke.

My eyes widened. "He wants me to stay?" I repeated slowly.

I hadn't even considered that at all. The only outcome I imagined when I was coming here was my inevitable death. Not an invitation to become part of the Volturi. Wasn't that supposed to be like a big deal? I mean Nina had devoted her human life to serving them in the hopes of one day being turned. And now I was being offered that same opportunity?

"I want you to stay too." My mother spoke.

Her words shocked me.

"You want me to stay here? With you? And the others?" I asked.

She gave me a small smile before looking at the ground again.

"I realise that I haven't been the best mother since you got here but I really was happy when I saw you. And I want to be part of your life. I just don't want you to think I'm forcing you or trying to steal you from your father. I want it to be your choice."

My father. I hadn't even thought about him.
How would he feel if I just disappeared? That was literally his greatest fear... losing me.
I would leave my whole life behind to be with my mother.
Did I really want to be with her?

I looked up at her.
Of course I did. No matter what happened, a part of me will always want to have that second chance to be with her again.

"You don't have to make this decision now."

She spoke up. "Aro and I talked and we think it would be best if you went back home and thought it over for maybe a week or so. Then you can make your choice and whatever it will be, we'll respect it."

I nodded. "Thanks." I was more than grateful for that choice. I didn't want to make the decision suddenly. "When do I leave?" I asked.

"Well, according to Aro, this 'tour' is supposed to end after a week but if you want, you can stay longer. You could learn more about the Voulturi and our family... Is that okay?"