chapter 8: chakra control exercises and elemental manipulation.

It was the end of week 1 in naruto's Boot camp training from hell and he believed that they were ready to move on to the next step. Chakra control. So. handing each of them a kunai knife he said.
" Okay guys. As promised we're gonna start the first exercise in chakra control. If you are wondering why I didn't have you doing this right away is because your chakra level was too low so all that exercise and work out sessions basically just increased your chakra reserves and now for the demonstration." Naruto Then walked over to the nearest tree and put one foot on it when he noticed it stuck to the tree he did the same thing with his other foot and started walking up the tree until he reached the top and said.
" The key is to keep a constant steady flow of chakra in the soles of your shoes and since that's pretty much the most sensitive part of your feet it's not going to be that easy. Use the kunai knife I gave each of you to mark your progress on the tree. I'll be watching and assist you if you need help. Begin!!!." Sakura Kiba and sasuke channeled chakra to their feet and naturally since sakura was very smart and had acceptional chakra control already she had gotten it done on her first try. Naruto then noticed that Kiba and sasuke were struggling a little bit and said.
" Your using too much chakra Kiba you need to balance it out in both feet and keep a constant focus on the amount of chakra your using. And sasuke. Your doing better. Just use a little less chakra then last time." Sakura couldn't help but notice that unlike kakashi who would ignore her and Kiba and only focus on sasuke. Naruto actually focused on helping all 3 of them and thought to herself.
"Naruto Sensei is so kind and always seems to be willing to help others when their struggling with something. I guess he's not such a bad person after all. He's definitely better then kakashi ever was."  Naruto then sensed an unfamiliar chakra signiture from in the forest so he said.
" Hey guys I'm going to leave 3 shadow clones with you to help continue your training. I want to check something out." Naruto then made 3 shadow clones of himself and said to them.
" Alright. When sasuke and Kiba are done with the tree climbing chakra control exercise each of you will take one of them and demonstrate the water walking exercise then move on to their chakra nature's and elemental manipulation of chakra." The three clones then soluted the original and said.
" You got it boss. ALRIGHT you guys heard him. Let's get started." After Kiba and sasuke had successfully completed the tree climbing chakra exercise they along with sakura followed the Shadow clones to the lake and the first clone said.
" Okay guys listen closely. The water walking exercise is a step up from the tree climbing chakra exercise. It's much harder to do because the flow of the waves in the water is constantly moving so you need to use more chakra for this exercise then you did for the tree walking exercise simply because the tree was a stationary object that didn't move. Do you understand what I'm saying???." And sakura said.
" I think so. Your saying that because there was nothing movie The tree it took less chakra to use but because water is always moving it requires more chakra to use???." And the second clone said.
" Correct sakura. Now watch what I do and start at the edge of the lake and work your way to the center." Naruto then channeled a large amount of chakra to his feet and stepped on to the waters surface. They all watched as naruto was hovering on top of the water and said.
" Remember to keep a constant flow of chakra to your feet and don't stop or your going to fall in. Once you have completed this exercise we will move on to finding out what your chakra nature's are and what type of ninjutsu Genjutsu or taijutsu style is right for you. You should always know more then just your families clan techniques. They are useful as a last resort yes. But they will only get you so far before you become predictable. Now begin."

Meanwhile back with the real naruto.
Naruto had been following the unfamiliar chakra signiture while keeping his own levels of chakra suppressed so he wouldn't be spotted. He managed to follow what looked like a young girl about his age that wore a Kiri hunters mask and white battle kimono. But what confused him the most is that the fake Hunter nin used senbon needles as a weapon of choice and knew from talking with his grandmother tsunade that the only time you normally use those is if your a medical shinobi. Naruto followed the girl to a small shack where apparently zabuza's been recovering and overheard their conversation about how they were going to betray gato and yet as gato left he'd over him saying how he would betray zabuza and kill him. Then take haku and force his bandits and thugs upon her to do very unspeakable things such as rape and starve her. This made naruto furious so he pulled out a scroll ink and brush and wrote a message that said.