Chapter 18- Reload

Blink.
My neck seemed to ache.
Blink.
I was leaning on something, no, someone.
Blink.

I jumped back, off the sofa. Mahiro was already awake, awkwardly staring off into another location, and his eyes shifted to me, before blinking and looking elsewhere again.

"Good Morning, [Y/N]. "

"Morning, " I replied, rather stiffly.

A few more awkward moments of silence.

"Well, I suppose I'll leave first... "

Part of me was going to encourage his departure, yet part of me was reluctant to let him do so.

"Y-yeah... Stay safe, I guess. "

And he left. My heart seemed to ache.

Well, I decided to take a rather refreshing shower, a failed attempt at trying to wash away the memory of last night.

I followed up by grabbing a coffee at a nearby cafe before going for rehearsals. There would be one more show tonight, and one show tomorrow. And then they would choose one of us main cast to be brought on tour.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[Mahiro's POV]

I just realised. Today was supposed to be band bonding.

And they said they would be gathering at my house.

Oh, goodness gracious.

I rushed home, and as expected, everyone was gathered inside. Hiyori and Junji were already battling it out over console, Takemasa was laughing, and Mitsuki was cheering on Hiyorin, who was definitely on the losing end.

The door squeaked open, and everyone turned their attention to me.

"How in the world did you get in?"

Hiyori replied, "You're too simple, keeping a spare copy under your carpet. "

Dang.

"Where were you?", Mitsuki questioned.

And let's just say I was reminded of the whole course of events that had happened.

"Hey, say something. You're smiling a little too brightly, it's getting a little scary. "

"Nothing much-"

Takemasa cut in. "It's [Y/N], ain't it?"

I looked away, and from the corner of my eye, I could've sworn everyone was smirking.

And then, they came up with the ultimate plan for today's session.

They were going to try and get me to confess. That I liked her.

I didn't want any part in it.

---------------------------------------------------------

*timeskip*

[Your POV]

The show was a major success, and the manager had informed me I was being considered, along with one or two others, for a world tour. I was really elated to find out about that.

I supposed once my exhilaration had drained out, I returned to my phone, to have a text message sent by Mitsuki.

We're going to the movies, got an extra ticket. Would you like to join us?

I didn't mind. Work was tiring.
A movie would've been nice.
And it was free.

Who doesn't want a free movie ticket?

When I stepped into the mall, I found the entire band there. Everyone seemed really excited. Mahiro on the other hand was glancing off at the floor, the ceiling, the people passing by... He wasn't going to fool anyone by saying he wasn't trying to avoid meeting my gaze.

And I didn't mind. Last night and this morning's activities were valid reason enough.

Either way, we got our popcorn, drinks, more snacks, and entered the cinema. Almost expectedly, they had given me a seat right next to Mahiro's. Unexpectedly, because stupid me never asked, they had chosen a horror movie.

Mahiro was a huge fan of horror movies. Nothing in them seemed to scare him, perhaps because of the filming of their music videos.

I, on the flip side, was extremely scared of horror movies. I told myself that I wasn't going to fall for their ploy, I would not get scared by the movie. I was in an aisle seat, and there was no one else beside me I could possibly rely on.

They had me right where they wanted me.

Shoot.

The movie had started. The main protagonist and his family has moved into a new house in the middle of the forest, yes yes, cliche, bad idea to move into there.

The house is haunted, cliche.

The camera angle follows a small wooden marching band soldier, which has begun to walk to the smallest child in the family. Poor kid.

I'm honestly terrified, at this point.

I grip tightly on my box of popcorn with my left arm, right arm grabbing the side of my seat as if it would cost me my life.

I was looking away. I closed my eyes.

Tune it out, I told myself. Tune the music out.

A bloodcurdling scream reaches my eardrums after what sounded like a blade sheathing itself deep into flesh.

I forced myself to just flick my eyes to the screen, and the sight that burnt itself into my eyes was grotesque. I wish not to describe that monstrosity of a scene.

I jumped as I felt a hand wrap around my right, and gave a short sigh of relief realizing it was just Mahiro.

I felt my face burning up, and I was grateful for the fact that the cinema was practically pitch black.

Everytime another scare appeared, another death occurred, my fingers would dig into my seat, loosening slightly as I felt a warm squeeze on the back of my hand. It was a small action, but it definitely calmed me down.

The ending had arrived, credits rolling. I found it safe to look up, and seeing as everyone was staying to watch the credits, I stayed with everyone. By this time, everyone's popcorn containers were empty, drink cups hollow. And out of the blue, that doll which had been haunting the family in the movie just had to give a jump scare.

I gave a small squeak, flinching. Ah, it just had to happen, didn't it? Everything was going how they wanted it to go.

We decided on ordering some food delivery service for dinner, at Mahiro's house. Why Mahiro's? It was apparently the nearest to the cinema.

Let's just say dinner was rather uncomfortable.

Everyone was laughing about my reactions in the movie, because for some totally unidentifiable reason they had been watching me more than the movie.

Ultimately, I was curled up into a ball on my chair, occasionally leaning out to slurp up some noodles, then curling back into my turtle shell. It was so embarrassing.

I felt a comforting arm snake across my back, patting lightly, as if persuading me out of the shell I was forming around me.

"Guys, stop teasing her. "

At those actions, I buried my head further below my arms between my knees, trying to block out more of the current situation.

All in all, it was a fun night. After a while more of persuasion and coercing, I joined them for some video games and then headed back home.

In the cab, I could still feel that warm feeling around my wrist, and a fuzzy feeling in my chest.

It was a very comfy feeling, like I had, maybe, found the place I could seek shelter in.