Chapter 3- Encounter

Before heading to the Academy, I manage to dig out my headphones. I had downloaded the songs from the CD earlier. The band was named Kiryu.

As I stepped into the dance studio of the Academy, a certain friend tackled me.

"You have to come with me. The band coming over so cool!! "

"Fine. What's it called, anyways?"

"Kiryu!"

Oh. Kiryu.

I gave a small smirk, which slid quickly back to an exprssionless face.

*time skip*

Lunch break came quickly. I slipped on my headphones, and grabbed a bowl of plain noodles. They were cheap, and everything tasted the same anyways, so why bother?

Finding a seat was tough. I finally found a seat, and slid into it, only to seemingly disappoint a male who was coming in my direction. He continued anyways, asking me if it was alright to share the table, since there were seats on both sides anyway.

I agreed. I found this male's voice oddly familiar. He looked familiar.

He spoke in a special manner, now I realised. As if a narrator. With a lot of emotion.

And the. I noticed it. I could see the colours again. The noodles tasted blander than ever.

"What music are you listening to, if you're alright with answering?"

He seemed to find the silence awkward, and tried to break it.

"Kiryu. I heard their coming over soon, and since my friend is dragging me along, I thought I might as well try listening. "

He nodded, and fell silent again.

We finish the rest of our meal in awkward silence. He glances at the time, and apologizes, as well as thanks me, before hurriedly leaving. It is then that it hits me, but I shake my head. No way would that be him.