Decided

Katherine's POV:

 The nagging grew and everything else started to fade away. I could no longer concentrate on anything else, barely able to pass the day by day. The thinking, the worrying, and the nagging, all kept eating me alive, until I ended up losing myself on the way.

I was no longer myself, just a soulless body, wondering around. I barely ate, and I cancelled most of my meetings using sickness as an excuse, to avoid everyone and be left alone. I heard a few whispering here and there about people predicting that I'm pregnant, but I couldn't care less. In fact I was glad they were thinking that, instead of trying to dig for the real reason.

What I was worried about was Nate and how he'd be after I tell him my decision. I haven't seen him for a week, I may have caught glimpses of him, but not actually seen him. It all happened a while after Alex and Jasmine's wedding. Maybe it was my wake-up call.

The gap in my brain haunted me, reminding me every second that a piece of me is missing. I could no longer deny it, I could no longer deny that I'm not myself anymore. The only thing that pains me is Nate. Hurting him wasn't on my list, it could never be. 

The day I promised him a chance, I truly meant it. I tried to remember him and when that didn't work, I tried putting it past me and start new with him. But when that didn't work, that was when I knew for sure that we could never work out without my memory. 

I brushed off the tear that escaped and huffed a breath, staring in the mirror. I looked exhausted, both mentally and physically. I've already lost a couple of pounds, my pale skin looked even paler, and my thick shiny hair was no longer the same. But none of that mattered, all what matters now is letting Nate know my decision with minimum pain. 

A ringing from my back pocket brought me back to the real world. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and looked at it. Bella. I slid answer and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I narrowed my eyes at my reflection after hearing her question.

"Nate talked to you didn't he?"

"He may have, but leave him out of this for now. Are you alright?"

"No I'm not" I admitted.

"What?! Why?! Did he do something to you? Did he hur-"

"No, never!" I interrupted "But I am going to"

"Wait, what? I'm confused now"

"I can't stay, I'm leaving"

"Are you sure he didn't hurt you, because you sound broken"

I remained quiet and stared in the mirror. Not only did I sound broken, but I looked broken as well.

"I can't stay. Something always feels missing, and when I'm with him, it's a constant reminder that I lost my memory. I can't be with him if I don't remember, it's just isn't fair for the both of us"

"So you're not running away, you're just breaking up with him"

"Yes" I whispered.

"So there's no hope for the both of you?"

"I have a feeling there is, but this is the only way to find out"

Almost an hour went by as I told Bella everything. She never argued with me, nor agreed to my decisions, but promised to support me no matter what. After hanging up, I took a final look at my reflection and took a couple of deep breaths to sooth myself.

You'll be fine. Both of you will be fine.

I nodded to myself and left the bathroom. I headed to Nate's office and knocked on his door. A couple of knocks later and no answer, I figured out he might've fell asleep as it was a cute habit of his.