Coronation

Nathaniel's POV:

I'm feeling down, and it's all because of Katherine.

I can still remember the disappointment in her eyes the night I proposed to her or more likely threatened her into marrying me. It felt far worse than the first time she caught me having sex back in America.

I remember her catching me in our room and she was fuming with anger but at the same time I caught a glimpse of disappointment in her eyes. I remember it all as if it were yesterday.

She said that I was exactly what she expected, a manwhore, and at that moment, my heart broke into pieces. I know I'm a playboy and it never bothered me. People even criticise me about it all the time, which never even bothered me, yet when those exact words that I heard before came out of her mouth, it bothered me a lot. 

She looked disappointed yet at the same time, in that moment, even I was disappointed with myself.

The night of the proposal, when I saw the same disappointment in her eyes, I felt my heart breaking all over again, yet it was ten times worse.

I had to remind myself all the time that all the emotions in her eyes are just an act so I wouldn't end up apologising for hurting her and begging for her forgiveness.

But why am I feeling like I'm the bad person here when Katherine is?

Sighing, I forced myself into snapping out of my thoughts and started looking at the outfit that would change my life today.

Today is the day that I've been dreading, the day I become king. It's not that I don't want to be king, it's that I'm afraid I would end up a terrible king or change because of it just like my father.

What if I end up being like my father? I suffered a lot because my father cared more about the kingdom than me.

Or worse, what if I'm not fit to become a good king? The whole kingdom then shall be affected by my choices, so what if I make the wrong one?

All these questions kept wandering through my head, and with that again, I went into another world with my thoughts haunting me.

Katherine's POV:

Today is Nate and I's coronation ceremony, and in a week is our wedding. Nate and I are basically being crowned separately since we aren't married and the kingdom isn't merged yet. Nate is going to be crowned king for the West side and I shall be crowned Queen for the East side, the only reason we are doing it together is because we are going to get married and merge both sides. 

We have a couple of hours before we go to the church and start the ceremony. I'm pretty nervous, but I'm guessing Nate is doing worse than me. Maybe I should check on him before starting to get ready? 

Yeah I should.

Nate and I are both in the palace built for the merged kingdom since it's closer to the church. The coronation ball shall be held at this palace, so it would be easier to for us to leave and come back together. It also helps us get used to the place since we will both be living in it once we get married and merge the sides. 

Nate's room is right next to mine so I went to his door and knocked on it. I heard a faint 'come in' so I went inside. Nate was staring at his outfit and looked lost in his thoughts.

 Nate was staring at his outfit and looked lost in his thoughts