Regret (Pt. 2)

Nathaniel's POV:

"I was in need of the money for my daughter's surgery and it was the only reason I agreed, but I never knew her majesty would end up in an accident or I would've never agreed to it" he started crying and begging that no one hurts his family. 

"What exactly were you asked to do and who ordered you to do it?" George slammed his hands at the table and yelled at him.

"Prince Edward asked me to shut the cameras for 15 minutes and paid me 10 thousand for it as well as to remain silent about it"

I immediately stopped the video and glanced at Kate. She was frozen and her eyes were already in tears.

I turned to George "Get me the prince as soon as the sun is up and be discreet about it, I don't want him sensing anything and trying to run away" he nodded and left the room.

I went back to Kate and hugged her, trying to sooth her, as she was in hysterical tears right now.

"I'm sorry love. I'm so sorry" I kept repeating.

I knew how it felt like to be betrayed by your family and I never would've wanted her to feel the same, because the feeling was unpleasant. Putting your trust in them, giving them all your love, and in the end, all they do is stab you in the back and leave you broken.

She kept crying all through the night, up until sunrise and I was with her through it all. Once she calmed herself down a bit, each of us went to take a quick shower and changed into our daytime outfits. And now it was time to face the music.

We were both waiting in my office, sitting on the couch next to each other and hoping for the best, that all of this was just a misunderstanding. Two rough knocks were heard all of the sudden, and the door opened revealing the awaited prince.

Power and confidence were radiating off of him as he took a seat on the sofa across of us, all of which soon he will have none. He took his seat comfortably, crossing one leg on the other in a manly way, making it feel like the tables have turned around and he wasn't the guest anymore, instead we were.

By the time he was settled and looked more than comfortable, I've had enough with his attitude. I stood up, straightening my suit with a straight face and barely able to control my anger. I clenched my fists holding myself from punching him and moved to the back of my table, then slammed both hands at the table.

They both flinched.

"Enough of this acting Edward, we both know everything about the accident"

Both of his legs hit the ground and his face fell. His expression said it all now and there was no hiding anymore. What shocked me though was that he didn't try to mask it immediately, instead he turned to Kate, and apologised through his eyes.  

"Katy, I beg you, just give me one chance to explain it all"

Kate ignored him and got off her seat, moving next to me. She moved my arm wrapping it around herself and snuggled herself next to me, all the while silent and not giving her brother a single glance. Her gesture gave off what her mouth couldn't right now, she was giving me control of the situation.

I couldn't watch Kate suffer and maybe his explanation would help ease all the thinking going on in her mind, so I gave him what he asked for, one chance.

"You got ten minutes, and you either give it all without any hiding or you give none"

He nodded.

"I was okay with the fact that father wanted to arrange your marriage, as long as it didn't harm you, but when I found out he did it so he could merge the kingdom and hand you the throne, I lost it. I did whatever I could to stop it all. I caused the fight between the kings and I was the one who filmed the video and sent it to you Nathaniel-"