Pretending Normal (Pt. 1)

As promised, the new chapter, and I changed the cover.

Katherine's POV:

I have no idea how I survived yesterday. I was literally like an extremely depressed walking zombie that could be mistaken as suicidal. Who could blame me though, the love of my life was cheating on me in the room next door.

I have to admit, as much as his speech about being faithful right before we slept caught me off guard, it did stir something in me. I guess it even had to do with the reason that when I woke up in the morning in Nate's arms, all the depression I felt the night before was gone. And it may even have to do with the reason I'm planning today's surprise.

Today is Nate's birthday, which I found out about by mistake when I was looking at our marriage certificate a while ago. I have no idea why I'm doing a surprise for him, I mean for god's sake, the guy cheated on me 2 days ago. Still, I'm going to be the better person.

Plus I found out that he never had an intimate birthday. I was looking through all his pictures in magazines and newspapers, and there were none about his birthday. No parties, no going out with friends, and not even going on a date. So I have no idea how he celebrates his birthday each year, and that may add to the reason I'm planning something for him.

Up till now, I have nothing figured out and I have a couple of hours left to actually figure something out. Maybe Gray could help me since he is his best friend. Yeah, I should give him a call.

I quickly got to the nightstand next to my bed and picked up my phone. I looked through my contacts until I reached Gray's name and dialled his number. After almost 3 rings, he picked up.

"Hey Nathan's special girl, to what do I awe this pleasure?"

I rolled my eyes at his choice of nickname.

"Stop calling me that, I'm not his special girl nor his at all"

"Never!" he replied in a childish tone making me chuckle.

"Anyways, I called you to ask you a couple of questions"

"Shoot"

"Don't say that! You know that someone listens to all my phone calls for protection" I hissed as he said something that shouldn't be said, especially to royalty.

"Alright, alright, I won't repeat it" Gray muttered between chuckles making me sigh.

"Anyways, I called because I know that today is Nate's birthday and I want to do something for him, but I have idea what. I was thinking maybe you could tell me what you guys do every year so I could get some ideas"

"Actually, we don't do anything. Nate never celebrates his birthday" he said in an almost disappointed tone.

"What! Why? How come you don't try to convince him?"

"I did try before, but it never worked. Every birthday, he disappears to a place and spends it on his own. I did try to talk to him before he disappears, but he always insisted on not celebrating it and spending it on his own"

Another reason to why I'm going with this plan. I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't celebrate their birthday.

"Alright, but do you know where does he go to every year?"

"Yes, but it's not my right to tell. You need to know the whole story before knowing about the place, and it's not my story to tell so you need to ask him yourself" he paused for a while 

"The only thing I can say is that you have about an hour before he disappears to his usual place. If you can catch him and try to convince him to actually celebrate his birthday then that would be a huge accomplishment"