I peak behind Wong and see that the portal leads to a living space. "Take me there now." I say, thinking only about Evelyn. Once again his departure is interrupted. 

"I can't." He says tight lipped.

"Like hell!" I say. This time I reach out for him and grab his arm. "You take us there now!" 

He seems completely unbothered by my advances. He shakes his head, "This is the way it has to be."

"Says who?" Sam says, coming to my aid.

"The man who made this all possible. There's only one way this works so do what I say and get ready." I let go of him and step back. Who am I to judge the messenger? I don't fully understand what's happened in my time away but what I do understand is that if I have to wait in order to successfully get back to Evelyn then so it will be.

As Wong crosses back over to his side he closes his portal with the wave of a hand. The five of us are left looking back out across the trees waiting for T'Challa's orders.

---Evelyn's POV---

The shifting of the debris has stopped but the muffled yells of those trapped somewhere above me have not subsided. "Hey!" I call out to the void. I don't get a direct answer. Okay. I tell myself. Think. "JENNA? You didn't leave me did you?" I kick out my legs but nothing moves.

"I've been rebooting systems. I tried to contact Mr. Stark, but all comms are down."

"I assume a past Thanos somehow found us." I say kicking again. Something at my feet moves but it causes a chain reaction causing a beam to jam itself harder against my thigh. I groan in discomfort and shift myself so it's a little less painful. 

"There were several ships in the atmosphere at the time of the blasts."

"Shit." I say under my breath. "I've gotta get back up there."

"I sense movement." I stop moving immediately and listen to JENNA's warning. Craning my neck I'm able to see out into the open space, I see a beam of light and then I see Clint. I struggle out of excitement and call out to him. I see his flashlight shift and then hear the footsteps against the floor come closer. 

Clint slides a few feet across the flooded ground. His face appears through the twisted metal. My eyes squint as the flashlight comes across my face. "Evelyn? Thank God." He sets his flashlight aside and reaches through as far as he can to reach me.

"I can't move." I say, praying it won't all collapse down on top of me.

"I'll get you out." He says removing his arm. He meticulously starts to move away the twisted metal and rubble. "You'll never believe what I found." 

Still focused on how the weight of things are against me I answer him half heartedly, "Yeah what's that?" When he doesn't answer me I look back at him. Through the cracks I can see the glint of the red gauntlet and the glowing stones. "We've gotta get back up there!" I move suddenly and sweep my left leg out causing another monumental shift.

"Easy! Easy!" He says doing his best to hold his side up. I take his advice and take a deep breath. He takes a step back and studies my cage. Shifting a few more pieces from where he sits he comes to a conclusion, "If you can reach me I think I can pull you free." I nod. By bending my left arm close to my stomach and then over my head I can just touch Clint's fingertips. I shake with nerves as I latch onto his hand. "Hey, I got you." He gives my hand a reassuring squeeze and then starts to count. On three he yanks my arm hard. Once my other hand is free I'm able to push myself along. Gripping onto Clint he pulls me the rest of the way while my legs gain traction and free me. I hear a crack and then the destruction that had rested over me moments ago crashes to the floor. Clint wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. Throwing my own arms around him I try to calm down.