There Wasn't a Wrong or a Right He Could Choose

I'm shoved to the ground as Steve smothers the grenade under his shield. It takes me a second to regain myself and as I do finally find my feet the cops have found their way into the room. I watch as Bucky pitches a table at the door embedding it, and successfully blocking it. When he turns around to grab his bag I see a look of intensity but also fear. 

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." Steve says reaching out for Bucky, but I stop him. 

Bucky and I both reply at the same time. "He's not going to kill anyone."

"I'm not going to kill anyone." He throws his backpack out the window. The cops have broken down the door and opened fire. Out of reflex I hit my belt and my suit surrounds itself. This takes the cops by surprise and before they can regain their target Bucky has shoved both Steve and a cop to the side and then barrels his way out. Steve is preoccupied on the balcony one second and then he's back the next. He takes a look at my suit and I can see the discernment in his eyes as he blows by me.

I follow the both of them, I could inflict a lot of damage in my state but I could never bring myself to kill an innocent cop trying to do his job. It doesn't matter because Steve and Bucky have put some distance between me and them. With a group of men descending I find my way through the busted sky light. There's a crash below me and then I see Bucky flying out of a window onto another building. He begins to run along the roof. I stay above watching him but then he's joined by a man in black, and then soon after a helicopter. The movement, the precision of Bucky's pursuer is unlike anything I'd ever seen. Sam joins me. "Who the hell is the other guy?" He asks I hear a muffled reply from his headpiece and then Steve comes flying onto the roof as well. 

The helicopter opens fire as Sam and I team up to dismantle it. We cause it to loose focus hitting out the tail, it spins out of control and away. When we look back to the roof all three have disappeared onto the street below. I sigh loudly, and get a verbal laugh from Sam before we both split off from one another flying in Steve's direction. He follows Cap, and I go overhead scouting the oncoming vehicles. "Ms. Moore?"

"JENNA?" I ask manipulating my way closer to the ground weaving between cars. "She'd been quiet the entire trip, I'd almost thought Tony replaced her.

"Mr. Stark has asked me to inform you that you're being grounded."

"What?" I ask. As the question leaves my mouth I feel a lurch and then I drop the few feet to the road. I tumble forward several seconds before coming to a stop. When my head stops tumbling I open my eyes. I'm already surrounded, guns trained on me. My suit releases me and I'm torn up and out from its shell. I'm dragged to my feet before I'm handcuffed and paraded to the side of the road and put in a barred truck. It's not long before I'm joined by Steve, Sam, and T'Challa... the king of Wakanda of all people. When Steve enters I open my mouth to ask about Bucky but he shakes his head. He wants me to stay quiet. I nod and then put my head down drowning out the sounds of all those around me.

We're ushered out into a big compound forced to watch our suits and weapons roll by us. I'm forced to silently watch Bucky roll by as well. He's in a cell all his own, restrained to a sitting position. I'm destined to watch all of this as he disappears behind some elevator doors. 

"What's going to happen to him?" I ask, my eyes still trained where I last saw him.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." I turn to see who's said these awful things.

Sharon steps in seeing both Steve and I's reaction. "This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander."

"What about our lawyer?" I ask stepping to Steve's side.