Priority

This was a requested imagine

~~~~

Michael

"Look at yourself—make better of yourself," I spoke, my gaze flashing towards the camera before a small smile came to my lips.

"Frank—

"This is not the time," Frank quietly interrupted.

"No, sir—you don't understand. It's an emergency," my assistant hissed frantically, "It's Y/N."

This caught my attention. I paused from my conversation with Darryl Dennard—a journalist for Ebony Jet—and turned my attention to my manager and my assistant. Darryl paused, raising his eyebrows and turning around to face them, as well.

At hearing her name, Frank's eyes widened slightly and his gaze met mine. My eyes focused on him. He squirmed under my intense stare before looking down at his watch.

"Go on," Darryl said softly.

I turned my attention back to him. His brown eyes were soft and filled with understanding.

"We've covered enough in this interview. Thank you for your time, but I'm sure your wife needs you," he continued, smiling softly.

I let out a sigh before returning a soft smile. "Thank you so much."

He nodded and reached out to shake my hand. I gripped his hand and shook it, standing up from my chair.

"No thanks needed. Have a good night," Darryl replied.

The zippers on my black leather jacket jingled as I hurried over to Frank. By now, he looked just as frantic as my assistant. He looked up at me, rubbing his head with his left hand and biting the cigarette between his teeth. The sweat on his face clashed with the black leather jacket he was wearing.

"What is it, Frank?" I demanded impatiently.

"There was a call from the hospital, Mike. Y/N . . . she's in labor."

I could almost feel my heart skip. My eyes widened and my breath caught. Y/N. My Y/N. She was having our baby at that moment.

"I—

"The car's in front right now," Frank spoke, already knowing that I needed to go to the hospital.

I nodded firmly and took off at a jog, not bothering to wait for him.

"Let's go!" I heard a few of my security guards shout.

As I jogged out of the building, I was met by a huge, black SUV. The cold air hit my face, but I didn't give any thought to it. I ran up to the car, allowing Bill to open the back door for me.

"This is it, Joker," Bill enthused, pumping his fist before closing the door.

"Yeah," I answered distractedly, allowing him to get back into the car, "Just get me to there, alright? Get me to her."

"On it," Bill answered, pressing the gas pedal and speeding onto the road.

As the car sped down the streets, the city lights reflected onto the windows.  If I wasn't so distracted, I would've loved the view. But Y/N was all I could think about. Was she in pain? Had she been in labor for long? Did she call for me? Would the doctors let me in to be with her? Of course they would. I would fight to be in there if they didn't. She needed me with her. I'd promised her that I'd be there to hold her hand through it all. I needed to get to her.

"I can't believe I was in an interview while she was at the hospital," I muttered, not talking to anyone in particular.

"Now, don't go blamin' yourself, Joker. You couldn't have known. Besides, she's gonna be just fine. And the baby's gonna be as happy and as healthy as ever," Bill responded, glancing back in the rear view mirror.