Chapter Two-The first incident-October, 1974

A gallery of the 1970's; and Don McLean's iconic 1971 classic song epic 'American Pie' , to the right in the MEDIA section.

Warning: It is rated PG-13 for strong adult themes, adult concepts. You must be 13 years and over to hear it.

Note to readers: The song is played 3 million times, (in US, Australian, and overseas radio stations), (as of 2007).

***

Now that you've read the background to the Mirror...the next part is as scary.

~~~

The Mirror wasn't in the studio part of the apartment.

Karen made sure if it.

On the radio was 'American Pie'. It was the most disconcerting song over the last couple of years; it was dangerous.

"Make sure it's somewhere", I said.

"Where?".

"In the mirror room", Karen told us.  We didn't know where it was. "Roy, help me get it in the room down the hall".

"Okay".

And I let them do the job.

And I shivered.

~~~

I sensed something.

It was so queer I peered down the hall.

More claws were on the creamy colored walls.

I frowned.

Did they come out of the Mirror? Did they decide I was going to scream? Did they laugh at me? Who were they?...

I was about to leave when a dark mist consumed me. It swirled around me; it swirled to the left; it swirled to the right; it swirled until it moved into the room where the Mirror was. I screamed so much I could hear laughter that was demonic, even though there wasn't anyone nearby. And, for me, I knew evil existed...and wasn't in the Otherworld; it was in our World...as if it belong here in New York...and not in Hell.

***

Roy burst out of the Mirror Room.

"Babe...".

And he saw me writhing on the shaggy carpet.

"I'll call the Hospital", said Karen.

And he saw  a dark shadow moving into the glassy mirror...And he knew horror was real. And so did his wife.

And our new friend...whose face was pale...it was deathly.

***

The flashing sirens arrived at 3:00 PM.

There wasn't time to talk.

***

Four NYPD Ambulancemen arrived.

"What happened? Did she have a heart attack?", a black medic asked.

"She saw a mirror", Roy answered.

"What about it?", the second black medic said.

"It frightened her".

"How can a mirror scare a woman?", the third medic enquired.

"It's haunted", Karen said.

And the last medic saw my face...and shuddered in fear.

***

Hours passed...

..."You can go home, babe?".

"In that apartment?", I asked.