Lamp Sweet Lamp

"Well, well, well! The famous Auradonian kids." Freddie bops Ben's nose whilst laughing and I feel the same anger I get when Audrey touches him.

"Okay, Freddie. Retrack your claws." I move towards her and Audrey drags Ben away.

"But I just had them sharpened." she looks at her manicure and Audrey does a dramatic gasp

"She's joking." Evie reassures

"We think." I give her a dramatic wink.

"Oooo, look at these two. They're adorable. It's sickening."

"Hey! You can't talk to us like that!" Audrey yet again, being her dramatic self, points at Freddie.

"And what, pray tell, are you gonna do about it?"

"I'll I'll I'll" Audrey stutters.

"Come on Audrey, use that brain of yours," I smirk.

"Thought so." Freddie throws me a similar smirk to mine.

"When I throw a party, I won't invite you!" Freddie bursts into hysterics and I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips.

"We really need to teach them how to smack-talk."

Do you remember the your-momma battles that we used to have?"

I block out their 'battle', having heard all of them at least 5 times already, I continue to tune them out, looking down at the desk behind me, I catch sight of my old jewellery. Two rings, a necklace and 3 bracelets. Only one person could have had these. Gill. Who probably got them stolen by CJ. Freddie, CJ and I had an arrangement. CJ, along with me, got things for the shop, and in return, we got food and money. Jay would steal for Jaffar. And us for Freddie. I grab the jewellery quickly, tucking it all into the pockets of my jeans.

I come back to reality when I hear Evie speak up.

"Oh, snap!"

"Your momma's so soft, she's like a pillow!"

"Masterpiece, best insult I've heard all day," I clap slowly and Audrey goes to thank me but Freddie starts talking already

"Well, what do you know? These guys are even more lame than I imagined."

"Okay. We may not frown and wear black, but we are not lame." Audrey tries to defend herself.

" Yeah!" Ben agrees

"We can be rotten just like you, guys."

"Yeah!" Ben sees me raise my eyebrow at him in amusement " We can?"

" Uh, yeah." He grabs the yellow mug which had been sat atop the desk. "Check this out." he drops the mug to the floor "Oh, what have I done?" Panic overcomes his voice and I move between Evie and Mal - out of the way.

"Let me help!" Audrey drops to the floor to help Ben clear it up "Anyone got glue?"

"I'll be happy to pay for damages." I snort at him; He takes a brief moment to look at me before looking back at the 'mess'.

"Watching them do this is worse than any punishment my mother ever gave me." I comment.

"Oh, yeah," Mal agrees

"We have got to get them out of here before anyone else shows up." Evie nods towards the door.

"I don't even know how we got here." Mal sighs "I mean, one moment I was rubbing paint off Jordan's lamp,"

"That's it!" I exclaim "The lamp!"

"I just wish we could ask her how we..." Mal is cut off as purple engulfs us yet again.

"of sugar," I gain my balance on my boots before looking down to find Jordan.

"Hi." I wave slightly "Is this a bad time?"