Chapter 4

The trio walked together silently back to the egg stand where (y/n) and Gil last saw Ben. The boys would occasionally look towards the middle to look at the girl. She seemed really nervous as they walked, only to be temporarily relieved when they didn't find anything. The males were starting to get concerned, but neither of they were brave enough to bring it up. Instead they thought maybe a little bit of space would help. So, they split up just slightly to search a large intersection for the king.

(Y/n) put no real effort in her search, she didn't want to find Ben. If Uma got her hands on him she wouldn't be able to keep him safe. The girl turned to look at her friends who were walking in and out of store looking for the King with no luck. (y/n) just looked down and kicked at the ground. She only looked up when she heard footsteps. Straight ahead of her was Ben, he seemed so upset. After looking over he shoulder one last time (y/n) jogged to him, grabbing his arm and pulled him into an ally way. He didn't even look at who grabbed him before he took out his wallet to hand over.

"Ben!" (y/n) whisper yelled

The king looked up at her and without thinking hugged her "(y/n), I'm so sorry."

"Wait Ben why are you here its not safe for you." The girl said half ignoring his apology and gently pushing him back. "You need to go back to Auradon."

"I came to get Mal, but she's not coming back." The king looked so sad as he spoke "Please come back with us, it wouldn't be right to leave two people behind."

(y/n) look at him trying to find the right answer. Just then she heard people coming closer. Harry and Gil. In a panic she grabbed Ben and hugged him.

"I am so sorry ben but trust me I will not let them hurt you." Before ben could respond Harry turned the corner with a smile.

He took the king by the collar and pushed him to Gil. Gil then tied up his hands and nodded to Harry before leading the king away. Harry walked close to (y/n) and gave her a hug.

"Marvelous job princess." He said then started to lead her away with his arm around her shoulders. "Let's go break the news to his buddies shall we."

The girl hesitantly walked away with the pirate down the street that Ben head come from. As they got closer to another opening they heard Evie's voice signing in relief. She though they were Ben. The first word they could actually hear was the girl stating that they had scared them. That's when the pair hit the light.

"Don't scare you?" he started "Well that's my specially."

"Harry." Evie hissed trying her best to ignore the girl who was with him. "Where's Ben."

"Oh, we nicked him." Harry said before pulling the princess closer to him "And if you ever wanna see him again have Mal come to the chip shop, alone."

Harry then went to tease the boys who were there before walking away. (y/n) however didn't move. She stood still in front of the VK's with a sad look on her face. They all looked so hurt by her actions. Quickly she looked over her shoulder to make sure harry was too far away to see them before she ran forward and hugged Evie. The girl hugged back gently. (y/n) then turned to jay and hugged him, he was more hesitant to return the action. Finally, she looked to Carlos, but just looked down. All eyes were on her, so she decided to explain.

"Uma has Ben." She started "I can try my best to keep him safe for now, but you guys need to do what she wants. I don't know how long I'll be able to play both sides."

They nodded, and Jay started to climb up the building to Mal. Evie Turned to the Long-haired girl and said a quick thanks before climbing up herself. Finally carols got to the building. He turned to the girl and without warning hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you so much." He whispered

"I missed you too."

(y/n0 looked into his eyes and leaned in slightly. Carlos followed her actions but right before their lips could meet they were interrupted.

"PRINCESS!" Harry's voice yelled causing the two to look the way the pirate left.

"I'll keep him safe."

"When we get him back, we're going to take you back home with us." Carlos replied before climbing up himself.

(y/n) nodded, then smiled to herself as she walked back down the street alone. Eventually she ran into the pirate who called her and hugged him. Confused Harry hugged her back. He looked down at the smile on her face. Harry knew something must have happened when she stayed behind, something with the VK's. That's when it hit him. The mystery prince must be one of the VK's that's why she stayed back. Jealously began to boil in his stomach as he pulled her close to him once again. Originally, he didn't care much about Uma's plan to get to Auradon, but now he wanted to get rid of the king and the VK's. He placed his chin on the girl's head as he held her.

"Come along princess, we can't keep Uma waiting." Harry then released the girl from their hug and grabbed her hand.

Her smile faded a little bit as she began to walk "Um Harry?" she started earning her a hummed response "Do you really want to hurt ben."

The pirate paused before responding "Eh, I don't really care who it is, you know I love when I have the chance to hurt someone."

(y/n) nodded at his response. Part of her really wanted him to say no, but she knew that that wasn't going to happen. She forced a quick smile that she gave to the boy as they continued on their way to the chip shop. Once their Uma greeted them with an evil laugh. (y/n0 looked over her shoulder and saw ben being held in place by two crew members. Without hesitation Uma grabbed (y/n)'s wrist pulling her from harry. Uma then quickly turned the girl around and grabbed her hair. She broke the rubber band that was keeping her raid together then laughed once again. She roughly tore apart the braid causing (y/n)'s hair to hit the floor. Uma pulled hard on the girl's hair making her gasp.

"Make it longer Princess." The captain ordered.

Hesitantly (y/n) started a quick spell. "Hair like my mother's that often glows, match mother's length as you grow."

Her hair started to glow gold. The bright color starting at her roots and making its way down. (y/n) hair got longer and longer until it was the length that her mother's hair uses to be. Sadly, the girl turned to Uma. The captain grabbed her hair and began to drag her to the king. She then commanded A pirate to use the girl's hair to tie up the king. Uma then grabbed the princess' chin and looked her in the eye.

"Next time don't hide anything from me." Uma scolded

"Yes Captain." (y/n) replied and started to walk to the back leading be, who was now tied in her hair, with her. Just as they left Mal walked through the doors.

Hey Guys, I'm sorry I know this one is a little short, but as you can probably tell I'm trying to update as much as possible. This is half to make up for the fact that the first book had such spread out updates but also because I have a plot planned out and I don't wanna forget it. Anyways I hope you enjoy. Also feel free to give me feedback if you have any, also if there is something you wanna see happen I'll see if I can fit it in.