lover boy

jack was the most interesting person you knew. as much of a weirdo as he is, jack had a lot of stories to tell you, always had new ideas, your boyfriend never left you bored, all you had to do was ask.

"hey j?" you asked, he looked up from his notebook, "hmm?" he hummed, trying to see what you needed. "you still busy?" you asked, biting the side of your lip. you didn't wanna annoy him if he was still busy.

"not too busy for you," he smiled standing & walking over to you, pulling you off of his bedroom floor. "so what's up, sunshine?" he asked, looking down at you with his hands resting on your hips.

"this was a dumb reason to interrupt, but i'm bored." you sighed, playing with his fingers, doing anything to avoid eye contact. "baby, you should've said something sooner." he laughed. "besides, you're my guest, i shouldn't have left you here with nothing to do. i'm just writing down a few ideas for the new album, but i'm honestly in no rush, and it can wait." he promised, kissing your forehead.

"hey baby?" you questioned again, this time finally making eye contact. "there's your pretty eyes," he laughed. "what's up, babe?" he answered.

"will you show me how to play bass?" you asked, still playing with his fingers that rested on your side. "of course," he smiled, moving away from you, and towards the case were it sat in. you were never interested in it before. jack had tried to get you to play before, but you were too embarrassed about not being as good as jack, and you never cared for it like he did.

but now, with nothing to do, why not you thought.

jack sat down on the bed, and patted his lap. you sat down and he set the bass across your lap.

"okay you put one hand here," he said moving your left hand, "and the other here." he explained, directing your right hand.

he started with the basics, which he had to re-explain a few times. "j, i'm sorry." you huffed, beginning to get frustrated with it.

"this is the first time you've ever even held it babe, it'll come with time, we'll just have to work at it." he smiled kissing your cheek.