close as strangers

'six weeks since i've been away, and now you're saying everything has changed and i'm afraid that i might be losing you.'

you were beyond happy for calpurnia! they were on tour, but they were also in different countries, and you weren't. everything felt different.

phone calls & texts weren't like having jack there with you.

j my love💋:
Just got done with tonight's show!
delivered 10:32 pm

princess y/n💕:
babe it's 3am.
i have school tmrw my love.
delivered 3:01 am

'are we wasting time? talking on a broken line. telling you i haven't seen your face in ages, i feel like we're as close as strangers.'

finally we were gonna facetime, jack had been on tour for 3 months. you hadn't had much time but now you finally do.

seeing his face since he left was strange. he looked tired, he was starting to let his hair grow out. just didn't look himself.

"jack, baby. you look worn out." you sighed, just wanting to hold your boyfriend.

" 's cause it's 4 am where i'm at."

"i'll get off the phone if you're tired. i don't wanna keep you up my love." y/n sighed.

"no baby, i stayed up to talk to you." jack yawned, running his hand through his hair.

that's another thing, his voice was getting much deeper. it was just him maturing, but still you felt as if you were losing him just a bit.

you pushed the thought away as you heard him snoring lightly through the phone.

you hung up, and stared at your ceiling for a bit. it was 4:00 and you'd almost been out of school for an hour.

'won't give up, even though it hurts so much, every night i'm losing you in a thousand faces, now it feels we're as close as strangers.'

the less you talked the less you knew him. it was such an odd feeling not being able to know the person you loved so much anymore.

you still pushed through and tried to act normal.

it was so hard though, and you had to tell jack.

you tell jack everything. this should be no exception, and communication is how you solve problems.

"hey," you said as jack answered. "hey baby," he said. you could hear his smile through the phone.

"bubba... you know i'm happy for you right? like so happy?" you asked biting the inside of your cheek.

"mhmm. why, what's up?" he questioned back. and you felt the tears build up.

"it's so hard jack. and every day you feel a little bit further away. it's like i don't know you anymore sometimes. it's so hard." you cried.

'on the phone i can tell that you wanna move on, through the tears i can hear that i shouldn't have gone.'

jack knew you would crack before he did. although, both of you were at a breaking point. long distance wasn't working, and jack had another two weeks of tour left.

"just hold on for me baby girl. we've made it through these past six months, we can hold on a little bit longer yeah?."

"yeah j." you sniffled, and jack being the type of person he is changed the subject.

you and jack talked for 30 more minutes, before he had to go on stage.

'six months since i went away, and i know everything has changed, but tomorrow i'll be coming back to you.'

tomorrow. jack was gonna be home, tomorrow. it was insanely comforting.

×time skip wee woo.×

"jack!" you gasped running towards your boy, and jumping in his arms. "hey, y/n/n." he smiled.

"oh my god i missed you," you said standing once again, looking up at him, with your hands resting on his chest, with his on your hips.

he had grown a few inches, standing at roughly 6'2 or 6'3. his hair had grown out, and his voice had gotten much deeper than when he left.

it was insane. "you've changed!" you laughed, playing with his hair.

"so have you. but you're beautiful," jack smiled, kissing your forehead.

"and you're just as beautiful anderson, now take me out. i've missed showing my boy off." you smirked.

"sure thing, hotstuff."