Chapter 6

*Steve POV*

We sat at the table. Well Stark and I did. There wasn't anyone else. Banner had jumped out of the hovercraft and Aurora and Thor were tricked into the cage Loki was in.

She is gone.

Even if we did know where the cage had landed she was gone.

Nobody could have survived something like that.

Stark didn't say a word when we were told about her. I know that she is the only person that Stark cares about more than himself. She's family. And now that she is gone he is beside himself.

"So you think she's dead, but you don't have any confirmation?" Stark asked.

"There's no way she could have made it." Fury said.

---

So, now Stark and I were here, the only ones left.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. I guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury said and threw the cards at me.

"We're dead in the air. Our communication, the location of the cube, Banner, Aurora, Thor, I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had this coming. Yes, we were going to build with the Tesseract." Fury was saying.

I couldn't listen to him anymore. I zoned out. I picked up the card, looking at it before putting it back down. I couldn't stop thinking about Aurora. I know Fury said nobody could have survived what she'd gone through, but Thor was strong and he wouldn't let her die no matter what.

But then again what if Thor hadn't made it either. I started listening to Fury again.

"There was an idea. Stark knows about it. It's called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes." Fury said.

Stark shot out of his chair and Fury and I looked at him, before he walked out of the room.

"Well it's an old fashion notion." Fury said.

Old Fashion.

*Aurora POV*

After Thor got up we began to walk around trying to locate his hammer. We were in a field with tall grass and a bunch of wild flowers.

It is beautiful, but we're lost.

"Thank you, Thor." I said.

"You don't have to thank me." He said, looking down at his hammer in the ground.

"If you wouldn't have done anything, I would be dead right now." I said.

He was quiet and continued to stare at the hammer in the ground.

*Steve POV*

I followed Stark.

He was in the room that held the cage, only there wasn't a cage in there anymore.

"Knew them well?" I asked.

"Not Thor, but Aurora yes." He said. "She's my niece. Her mom is my younger sister. Aurora was twenty one. Didn't like to party, but would rather read and study things instead of hang out. She'd come to my house on the weekends and help me build things. Besides her mom and Pepper, she was the only thing that kept me sane. She was single, but now that I think of it, I think she had her eyes on you." Stark said.

I wonder why he thought she liked me. I mean I'll admit I've grown fond of her since I came here and these little feelings I was having, I haven't had since Peggy.

"I'm sorry. She was a smart, nice, young woman. Anyone would be lucky to have her." I said.

"Yeah I know she was. And by anyone you mean you, right?" Stark asked.

I was quiet.

I knew I would like Aurora ever since I saved her in Germany. I remembered it all too well. Her hair flowing and the white dress that clung to her.

"Thought so." I heard Stark whisper. "She wasn't always smart though."

"Why? Cause she tried to put Loki back in the cage?" I asked.

"Yeah, she should've waited." Stark said.

"She was with Thor and she was doing her job." I said.

"No, this is way out of her league." Stark tried to inform me.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out Tony." I said.

"Right, I've heard that one before." He whispered.

"Is this the first time you lost a soldier?" I asked.

"We are not soldiers! She isn't a soldier! She's my niece! I'm not marching to Fury's fife." He said, getting angry.

"Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does. But right now we gotta put that behind us and get this done. Loki needs a power source. If we can put together a list-" I said before Stark cut me off.

"He made it personal."

"That's not the point." I said, getting frustrated.

"That is the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live, why?" Stark said.

"To tear us apart."

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and be seen doing it. He wants an audience." Stark pointed out.

"Right, I caught his act in Stuttgart." I said, remembering the night I saved Aurora.

"Yeah, that's just the previews. This is going to be opening night." Stark said.

He was getting at something here.

"And Loki he's a full tilt diva right? He wants flowers, parades. A monument built to the sky with-"

I wondered if Stark had guessed just where Loki was going to go, because I already had.

I gave Stark a look.

"His name plastered...son of a bitch." He said.

Loki was headed for Stark tower.

*Aurora POV*

Thor was weak. He didn't want to admit it, but I know that fall had weakened him.

I watched as Thor picked up his hammer.

Suddenly a tornado formed and began to thrust its strong wings around us. My hair was loose in its ponytail and strands were flying everywhere.

I grabbed unto Thor and he lifted his arm up and lightening struck his hammer.

The find continued to whip all around us. I am in awe.

We were lifted up into the air.

I didn't know where we were going, but somehow Thor did.

************************************************************************************************************

So Thor is just the best isn't he? Haha. This is kinda short, but I've been swamped with tests all week, but I mean what's better than school? Lol I'm kidding.

Please share your opinions and vote if you wish:) It would so make my day! Thanks guys!

Enjoy:) Xx