Chapter 4

We walked down the long hallway finally reaching the lab.

"This is going to take weeks to process." Dr. Banner said.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around 600 teraflops." I said.

"All I packed was a tooth brush." Dr. Banner said.

"You know you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it. It's Candy Land." Stark said, walking over to Dr. Banner.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke Harlem." Dr. Banner said.

"Well I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises." Stark said and then quickly shocked Dr. Banner.

"Uncle Stark!" I yelled from across the room.

"Are you nuts?" Steve said, coming into the room.

"Jury's out." Stark said and Dr. Banner chuckled.

"You really do have a lid on it." Stark observed.

"Let's be thankful for that." I said, walking over to the table they were at.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked.

"Funny things are." Stark said.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offence Doc." Steve said.

"It's alright. I wouldn't have come if I couldn't handle pointy things." Dr. Banner said.

"You're tip-toeing big man. You need to strut." Stark said.

I looked at him clearly telling him to 'shut up'.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve said, getting annoyed.

"Do you think I'm not?" Stark asked him.

"Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us?" Stark looked over at me.

"Aurora." He said.

"You think he's hiding something?" Steve asked, looking at me.

"Aurora, what do you know?" Stark asked.

"What?" I asked.

"You've been to quiet. Plus he called you in before any of us. You were working at the lab with the cube. Is there something we need to know?" Stark asked.

"Uncle Stark you know I'm a quiet person. And I don't know what's happening okay? I was called in to do one job and that was to help Selvig with whatever this was." I said, pointing to Loki's sceptor.

"Then I, along with some other agents were kidnapped by Loki and forced to go to Germany. I do notice though that Loki's scepter and the Tesseract are a bit common in power. Believe me if I knew Fury was hiding something, I would have already told you his little 'secrets'." I said.

Nobody said anything.

"I just want to finish my work here and go back home." I said.

Dr. Banner looked down.

"What is it?" I asked.

"A warm light for all mankind. Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." He said.

"I heard it." Steve said.

"Well I think that was meant for you." Dr. Banner said, pointing at Stark.

"Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news."