To Keep You Entertained!

In order to make the wait more interesting for our fellow participants, here's a couple prompts or idea sparks for you all!

If decide to use these prompts at any point, please let us know! We'd love to check out how the story goes!

Fantasy: The main character loves to daydream. They're always caught up in their make-believe, ideal, and magical worlds, eager to escape reality. Roleplaying, book-writing, and creating interesting OCs are their favorite hobbies. Until one day, their fantasies become real. The OCs, roleplay characters, fictional protagonists and antagonists are here, on Earth, no longer just a dream. And they've come for a reason. 

General Fiction: A young cyclist is practicing their biking skills around the neighborhood when they almost run over a middle-aged neighbor. A child who was looking out the window of a nearby house sees the commotion and writes about it in their diary. Coincidentally, the three bump into each other again at the playground, where they also meet a lonely senior citizen. Join these four characters from entirely different age groups as they tread through the obstacles of their daily lives while also finding surprising comfort and advice from each other.

Mystery/Thriller: A police officer, our main character, with uncanny—almost inhuman—quick reflexes has caught every criminal they've ever been assigned to take down. One day, the Chief of Police announces that they have finally located the mastermind behind the series of murders that has plagued the city for the past month. Our MC easily captures him, but the murders don't stop. In fact, the killing grows more frequent, with each death more horrific than the next. Every time the police force believes they've caught the final culprit, it ends up being another decoy. Our MC has never failed to bring crime to justice. But, as the opportunities dwindle and the stakes grow higher, who is our MC supposed to catch?

Poetry: The shape of our continents today tell many stories. What do they say about yours?

Short Story: What is the backstory behind each color of the rainbow?  

Sci-Fi: In the distant future, cities sit on tall blocks of impenetrable stone. Each individual building sits on one block; the skyscrapers soar into the permanently dark sky—blackened by coal and smoke—and continue to rise as new layers are built upwards to satisfy the ever-growing human population. Up here, a new sport—a cross between basketball and football, supported by advanced flight technology—has caught the interest of civilization. The sport is violent, yields high casualties and an exceptional death toll, and keeps people entertained. Only eighteen year olds play it because if they win the annual championship, they are exempt from being drafted to the Below—the remains of the Earth at the foot of the blocks that hold the skyscrapers. Losers are charged with finding and mining the valuable ore that powers the city; they can only return to the Above as official citizens with a piece of the ore in hand. Except Mother Nature is no longer fond of humanity. 

Action/Adventure: Have you ever played the game Mafia? When the MC takes a vacation with their family to a small town in the middle of nowhere, they find the place to be very similar to the Mafia game they sometimes played with their friends. The MC can identify neighbors who act like Doctors, Police Officers, Grannies, Jokers, and more. Little do they know that they are, in fact, stuck in a game of Mafia and the only way out is to kill all the Mafia men. 

NOTE: Please bare with us! We're running into some difficulties and will hopefully get everything sorted out!

Squeals and good luck!