Chapter 27 - Last Day

Start from the beginning

"It's just I want to celebrate Christmas with you Chief Munakata... I wanna celebrate with all of you... I feel so lonely and alone when I don't celebrate with you..." Hinagiku said, non-stop tears are still falling.

Munakata was surprised for what Hinagiku just said. He just realized that she might not celebrate Christmas with them. He felt so bad that he felt a pang inside his chest. He remembered that his parents are not with him.

But yet, he promised Hinagiku that he will never forget her.

"I promise that I'll never forget you Shima-kun... I promise that... And, I hope, I can also celebrate my Christmas with you Shima-kun..."

Hinagiku just smiles and never lets go of Munakata. Munakata does the same. He smiles and continues his embrace to Hinagiku. Minutes have passed and they are still enjoying their warm embrace like they don't wanna let go. They wanted to continue it very long.

"I don't want to stop hugging you Chief Munakata..." Hinagiku said softly as she was still hugging Munakata.

"Same as for me Shima-kun... I will miss you." Munakata replied.

Sadly, they both slowly break their embrace. But, both of them are still looking into their eyes. Munakata just looks at Hinagiku's purple eyes deeply. Same for Hinagiku, she looks at Munakata's purple eyes back. Munakata cups Hinagiku's cheek once more and slowly leans to her face closer. Their faces are getting closer as their cheeks are slightly blushing. Their lips are only inches away and is about to come together. When suddenly, a knock came in. Both of them snapped back in reality and fixes theirselves. Munakata answers and Hinagiku wipes her tears with her handkerchief.

"Come in!"

It was Awashima who knocked the door. She enters the office and bows in front of Munakata.

"Here are the reports chief..." Awashima said, bowing in front of Munakata.

"Very well, put them in my desk Awashima..." Munakata said.

Awashima followed Munakata's order. After that, she went towards Hinagiku and smiles at her.

"Hina-san, we will truly miss you..." Awashima said to Hinagiku as she hugs her.

"I will miss you too Deputy Captain Awashima..." Hinagiku said as she hugs Awashima back.

Seconds later, Benzai came. More like catching his breath then he looks at Hinagiku first.

"Ms. Hina-san, it's your parents... They're here to pick you up already..." Benzai said while he pants heavily.

Munakata and Awashima were in shock as they look at Hinagiku. Hinagiku's eyes widened in shock. Her parents didn't say a single word yesterday that they will come and pick her up. She quickly runs outside and Benzai, Awashima and Munakata followed her.

Outside of Scepter-4, Hinagiku's parents are waiting for Hinagiku. As they wait for Hinagiku, they are just standing patiently. Seconds later, they saw Hinagiku running towards them with her tears are flowing.

"Sylvia! What happened? Why are you crying?" Hinagiku's mother asks Hinagiku.

Hinagiku finally reaches her parents as she catches her breath while her tears are falling. Munakata, Awashima and Benzai stands few meters away from them. Minutes later, the rest of the members came as they heard the news. All of them are silent.

"Sylvia, are you--" Hinagiku's father is about to ask something when Hinagiku cuts him off.

"Papa, why you didn't informed me about this? I thought I'll spend my last day here in Scepter-4?" Hinagiku asks her father with her tears are falling continuously.