Chapter 27 - Last Day

K: The Heart in Blue Chapter 27

The next day at Scepter-4, Hinagiku is accomplishing her reports and duties since that today is her last day. In her office, her reports are already done. She gets her finished reports and sends herself to Munakata's office. While walking on the hallway, she can feel the deep silence as she looks around. She will miss the whole Scepter-4 since she will stay in England for about a month. She controls her tears as she don't want to cry.

"I feel like, I don't wanna leave here. Feels like, this is my home already. Seems hard for me to leave Japan..." Hinagiku mumbled to herself as she finally reached Munakata's office.

"Chief Munakata, I'm coming in!" Hinagiku knocked the door.

"Come in!" Munakata replied.

Hinagiku opens the door and she enters Munakata's office. She closes the door and goes in front of Munakata's desk.

"Here are my finished reports Chief Munakata. Well, my last finished reports..." Hinagiku said softly.

"Thank you  Shima-kun.. Just put it here in my desk." Munakata said with a smile on his face.

Hinagiku bows and puts her 'last' finished reports on Munakata's desk. While Hinagiku is organizing her reports, Munakata notices that her eyes are a bit red and watery. He was so worried that he asked his beloved what happened.

"Shima-kun, what happened? Why you look so lonely today?"

"Nothing happened Chief Munakata... Don't worry..." Hinagiku replied with a small smile.

"You sure? I haven't seen you like that before Shima-kun. I'm worried about you." Munakata said, walking towards her then he faces her. "Tell me Shima-kun, what happened?" he asks Hinagiku again.

Hinagiku just looks at Munakata as she don't know what to do. As she looks at Munakata, she can see him in the eyes that he is very worried. Hinagiku bits her lip, looks away, and her tears are starting to pool her eyes.

"Sh-shima-kun?" Munakata said.

"W-well..." Hinagiku gasped as her tears starting to fall. She covers her mouth with her hands as she don't want to look at Munakata.

Munakata wipes Hinagiku tears with his hands and at the same time, he cups Hinagiku's cheeks. Hinagiku just looks at Munakata as her tears are still falling. Munakata smiles at her peacefully and asks her.

"Why did you cried so suddenly Shima-kun...? Did you do something wrong or something like that? Tell me, I won't get mad at you..." Munakata said as he tries to calm Hinagiku down.

"W-well, I-I don't wanna leave for tomorrow Chief Munakata... That's all..." Hinagiku said as she looks away. Her tears are still falling.

"Aww~ Why didn't you tell me in the first place Shima-kun?" Munakata asks Hinagiku as he pulls her into a hug.

As Munakata was hugging Hinagiku, Hinagiku just puts her hands in Munakata's chest and burries her face in his chest as she cries. Munakata rubs the back of Hinagiku as he was telling her to calm down.

"Shh~ Calm down Shima-kun... Don't cry now... I will miss you very much..." Munakata said to Hinagiku as he hugs Hinagiku tighter.

Hinagiku just wraps her arms around Munakata's neck as she was hugging him. Munakata was surprised and his face slightly blushes.

"Promise me Chief Munakata that you'll never forget me because I'll never forget you...!" Hinagiku said as she cries harder while hugging Munakata.

Munakata holds the back of Hinagiku's head and hugs her tighter.

"You silly Shima-kun... You'll stay there in England for about a month but---" Munakata said when Hinagiku interrupts.