Chapter 5 - Similar Pasts

K: The Heart in Blue Chapter 5

The next day, Hinagiku still has a fever but lower than yesterday. For Hinagiku to recover fast, she has to rest more. Right now, Munakata is inside of Hinagiku's dormitory. Munakata is just feeding Hinagiku some hot porridge which he made it for her.

"Thanks for taking good care of me Chief Munakata. I owe you a lot." Hinagiku thanks Munakata shyly while her face is slightly blushing.

"It's okay Shima-kun. You don't need to thank me..." Munakata said to Hinagiku as he gives her the last spoon of porridge.

Hinagiku just swallows the last spoon of porridge. Munakata is so happy for himself because he feels free everytime he sees Hinagiku and he hears her voice.

"That's the last one." Munakata said as he wipes Hinagiku's mouth with a table napkin.

"And, thanks for feeding me Chief Munakata..." Hinagiku thanks Munakata again as her face slightly blushes.

Munakata just chuckles and smiles at her sweetly. Seconds later, Munakata asks her about her parents.

"Shima-kun, what would you do if you see your parents again?"

"I'll never forgive them." Hinagiku replied straightly.

"Huh? But why?" Munakata asks her again.

Hinagiku just nods her head then she answers Munakata's question. "Well, just like I told you last time. They left me all alone with my god parents. They planned to go to London without me. Forgiving Serenity is already enough."

After hearing Hinagiku's answer, Munakata just sits besides her. He puts his whole arm on Hinagiku's shoulders close to him. Letting her head to rest on his muscular chest.

"But, I think you should give them a chance Shima-kun. After all, they are your parents. I'm very sure that they are looking for you. I can feel it Shima-kun." Munakata said to Hinagiku. Convincing her to give her parents an another chance.

"But, why they will leave me alone if they will look for me right now?" Hinagiku asks Munakata then she rests her head on Munakata's muscular chest.

"To be honest with you Shima-kun, I have the same past as you are when I was young. I became like you. My parents just left me alone. But you are lucky because you have a sister. Unlike me, I'm their only child. I don't have any siblings like you do Shima-kun." Munakata explained to Hinagiku as he runs his fingers through Hinagiku's long, pink hair.

"Really Chief Munakata? You don't have any siblings?" Hinagiku asks Munakata unbelievably.

"Yes Shima-kun." Munakata replied as he pushes his glasses upwards from the bridge of his nose.

"Well, can I hear all of your past Chief Munakata?" Hinagiku asks Munakata shyly.

"Sure Shima-kun. This what happened..."

Hinagiku just listens to Munakata as he starts the story of his past.

*Munakata's past*

I was in a mansion like you. And I am always with my parents. Since that I'm their only child, I'm just reading some books when I get bored. And during I go to school, I am always alone and no one speaks to me. Even a single classmate, no one speaks to me. I thought to myself that "I deserved to be alone."

Then one night at my wide room, I am having a very hard time to go to sleep. So, I decided to go down stairs and drink some milk and it might help me to go to sleep. So, I put my glasses on, and went down stairs. I am already at the ground floor of our mansion when I heard my mom and dad's voices. I decided to listen their conversation so, I hid behind the sofa. My parents are just sitting on the other sofa. That's why I got myself hiding behind the other sofa. I know it's very rude to listen the conversations of other people, but I was so curious about it.