Chapter 38 More Bad Than Good

Start from the beginning

We turn back around just as the pair are closing the distance to us and Noah nods once "Mr. Tate"

Malia's dad walks up to him and grabs the article of clothing out of his hand and lifts it up sadly stating "It's hers..."

"All right wait here" Suit states before making a move to walk past– that Scott doesn't waste a second trying to stop him "Dad–"

Suit leans closer as he flicks his eyes between Scott and I "I'll talk to the two of you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you both running around in the woods this late."

I roll my eyes after he walks off and turn towards Stiles who huffs out a breath as he rubs a hand over his mouth. 

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Stiles, Scott, and I meet Allison in our history class just before it's going to start to show her our findings of the previous evening.

Stiles hands me his tablet and I tilt it towards her, pointing to the cave area that our pinned location is lit up "Here's where we found the den"

Stiles leans against my shoulder as he moves his finger along the map, adding "It's right in the middle of the hiking trails."

Allison looks to the map and nods "Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails," she lifts her eyes towards Scott with her next words "But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes" She connects her eyes with mine as I make a face taking in that information.

"Coyotes tip toe?" Stiles implores adorably, earning chuckles from Allison and I as she nods "They tip toe."

The bell rings and she walks away from us, heading for the door and throwing over her shoulder "I got to go, but send me the pinned location–"

"Okay" I mutter as I do just that and lock the tablet before handing it back to Stiles to put in his bag.

We walk up different rows to find seats just as Kira walks up to Scott in the row next to me while I walk past them "Hey. I'm Kira. You knew that– I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again. Anyway, I have something for you..."

Stiles sits to the right of me in the front row, as I turn in my seat towards him. He raises his brows at their exchange, that I find absolutely adorable as shock completely covers Scott's face "For me?"

I smirk at Scott when he flicks his eyes to me quickly before looking back towards Kira who is digging in her bag "Yeah. About the Bardo– my explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you..."

A smile instantly crosses my face at my live action romcom as Scott chuckles lightly and shakes his head "Ah, you didn't have to do that"

"It only took a couple of hours" Kira states and Stiles shares a shocked look with me as Scott shakes his head "Wow– then you really didn't have to do that"

Kira ignores that as she continues to frantically search her bag in front of her "I swear I printed it out–"

Mr. Yukimura walks up with a massive stack of papers and holds them out to her "Kira. You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like"

I turn back facing forward with a scrunched nose grimace towards my desk as Mr. Yukimura ever oblivious to teenage embarrassment begins class "All right, everyone. Let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?– Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"