30

Babies, ladies, Gents, Asesinas, Asesinos, I have finished the new season of Stranger Things and am now crying my eyes out as I write this message. I figured I needed a little bit of time in Maddox's mindset to get my emotions in check.

I also need a sugar daddy; momma is running out of money-

just kidding,

Enjoy this chapter!

Xoxo

-Kate

I managed to get dressed without throwing any of the vases that were in this room. I was angry that he left me here by myself but I don't know what I expected. I had yelled at him countless times and told him to back off, that I was fine and then he leaves and I get mad that he had the audacity to leave me.

I needed to get my emotions in check immediately but what I really, really wanted was to cuddle with Kade and take a nap.

Too bad dinner was in a few minutes.

I pushed the door open that led to the dining room to see that my father and some floozy on his lap were the only people present. The woman looked about five years my junior but with the amount of makeup she had caked on her face, she looked to be my age. The short blue dress was rising on her thighs as she laughed and traced a finger over my fathers jaw.

I cleared my throat and they snapped from their bubble. The woman jumped up from her seat on my fathers lap and quickly took her seat next to him. My eyes flicked from the girl to my father who just waved me off, lighting a cigar in the process.

"Sweetheart, this is Lola. She'll be joining us for dinner tonight." A nod was my only answer as I took my seat on the other side of the table. "Where is your keeper?" My father asked, swirling some wine in his glass.

"Wherever you sent him," I caught my fathers eyes and he just raised a brow in confusion. He said he had business to take care of. I assumed you sent him out.

"I did no such thing. He must have other plans. King is a busy man and has many other jobs under his belt." I filed his comment in the back of my mind, promising to ask Kade about what other pies he had his fingers in. Obviously, many. Otherwise, how would he afford so many nice things.

Dammit, I missed his already.

It was getting harder and harder to keep my walls up and portray Maddox now. Especially, being back with my father. His eyes hadn't changed, still cold and dark as always. They were familiar and comforting to me. How could I not fall back into old habits when he looked at me like I was still his pride and joy?

My father had gone back to talking with Lola, whispering into her ear and twirling his finger around her hair. She blushed and tried to stifle a giggle as she shifted in her seat. I rolled my eyes before snapping my fingers and calling the servant over.

"Wrap my meal up and send it to my room."

"Going somewhere, sweetheart?" My father asked, pulling his face away from Lola's neck. I sent her a glare that said 'I'll never like you'.

"I just remembered that I had business to attend to." That business entails a long bath and taking the longest nap of the century. Sitting here listening to my father sweet talk a girl wasn't something I wanted to watch.

I pushed out of the dining room and wandered around the halls. I figured I was due for a self given tour of this place. It was fucking massive and I've yet to actually see what it has to offer. After a few minutes of looking around I came to a large balcony at the end of the spacious hallway on the fourth floor.