Chapter 2:

(3rd person POV)

Kenny walked up to the bus stop, today was the day he would ask his friends to play with him.

Only Cartman and Kyle were there, they were fighting, fist fighting.

Kenny rolled his eyes and pulled Cartman back, although Kyle seemed to be doing the most damage.

"Where's Stan?" Kenny asked, looking at Kyle.

"Stan? He's sick today. He called me and told me to tell the teacher that 'I forgot to get his homework from him' he... uh...yeah, he didn't do it." The ginger replied.

"Oh... huh... well I guess you two will have to do. Do either of y..." But Kenny was cut off by Cartman shushing him.

"Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. No one cares."

"Fuck up, fat boy!" Kyle yelled. "What's wrong, dude?"

"I... I just wanna hang out with someone..." Kenny admitted.

"Oh my god, GAY!" Cartman started laughing.

Kenny looked away sadly. 'I knew this wouldn't work out!' He thought.

Kyle looked at Kenny, and smiled at him.

"Okay Ken, I'll hang out with you. How about after school?"

Kenny's eyes light up. "That'd be great!"

-----------

Kenny and Kyle walked down the streets of South Park, right now, everyone was either working late or inside their house with their family. The two boys were alone.

Kenny stretched out his hand and Kyle took it, happily.

"So... we're friends... right?" Kenny asked sheepishly.

"Of course dude! We've always been friends."

"But... are we best friends?"

Kyle looked away. "Stan is my best friend."

"Oh... I see." Kenny sighed and tried to pull away, but Kyle tightened his grip on Kenny's hand.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Kenny got closer to him again.
"Well, I thought Stan's you're best friend?"

"Yeah, but you're my favorite person right now. You don't get to leave me." Kyle replied, Kenny wasn't sure if he was serious or not, whatever it was, he has a friend.

"So... favorite people play together... right?"

Kyle smiles at him. "You want to play with me?"

"Well... Yes. But you're always reading and you don't talk to me at recess." The blonde boy replies.

The sun was going down casting beautiful colors onto the 14 year old boys.

"Ya know Kenny, you can always ask to play with me. I don't mind. I love hanging out with you."

Kenny smiled ear to ear.

They walked in silence for a moment before Kyle said, "so... friends tell each other secrets right?"

"What'd ya do, kill a guy?" Kenny joked.

"That's a secret for another day." Kyle purred. "No, but seriously, I'm asexual."

"What? That's it? Oh dude, I don't care."

"Really?! It's been bugging me for years!"

"Whatever man, if you're happy like this, I say go for it." Kenny smiled up at the taller boy.

"Thank you, Kenny. You're a lifesaver."