"I kissed Alec." I spoke in disbelief.

"Wait, I thought humans weren't his type." Nina all but complained.

"Well it didn't look like it last night." Jane replied, she was still looking at me in amusement.

I, on the other hand was still trying to process it all. Why on earth would I kiss Alec?

No, how could I kiss Alec?

He brought me here against my will! I didn't even know him well, as far as I knew, he drained the blood out of humans, like me, to live.

I felt so dirty. Was I really so desperate and confused that I would stoop so low?
What in the world was I thinking?
Not only was this a betrayal to myself but it was also a betrayal to...
Emmett?

It wasn't right for me to think that way. Emmett wasn't mine. Heck, I bet he wouldn't even care if he found out what I did. I could feel guilty all I wanted for what I did but Emmett didn't have the right to be the reason.
He didn't deserve to be the reason.

"So how was it?" Nina asked me curiously.

How was it?

I had kissed a vampire before, Emmett.
But our kisses had always been kind of short and simple. Nothing like the one I had shared with Alec.

He didn't hold back at all, his kiss was fast, rough... sensual.

The memory of his cool arms running up my body came back, making me bite my lip.
I remember him pulling back abruptly, leaving me out of breath but he was perfectly fine.
Before I could ask him why he had stopped, he got me off his lap and insisted we get back.

"Whatever, don't think too much about it." Jane spoke. "It was obviously a one time thing. Alec is into... experimenting."

I don't know why her words made me frown. It's not like I was expecting anything more... its just that it was... nice. Nice to have his hands on me...

No Sophie!

I couldn't think in that line of thought. It just wasn't right.

"Hurry up and finish your breakfast, we have a long day ahead of us." Jane spoke impatiently.

"Arg! Do I have to?" I groaned. "Can't I just stay in bed all day?"

"You seem to be forgetting the reason you're here." Jane spoke.

To be reunited with a mother who didn't want anything to do with me? No I didn't forget.
Jane sped to where my suitcase sat on the sofa and opened it up. She scrunched up her nose.

"Do you own anything nice at all?" She asked as she picked up one of my plain long sleeved tops.

I didn't think to pack anything nice, I didn't think it would even be necessary considering I thought I was coming here to die.

Who knew? Maybe the mother of the year would tell her 'beloved' Aro to kill me after all.

"Well you definitely can't wear any of these. I guess I can give you something from my closet. Lets just not make a habit of it."

"Why do I need to get all dressed up?" I asked curiously hopping they wouldn't make me drink again.

"For Jessica's birthday, of course." Jane spoke.

"Oh."

I had totally forgotten that today was in fact my mother's birthday. How did I forget? There has never been a year when I forgot her birthday.

"Do I have to go?" I asked again.

A week ago, if you had given me the chance to celebrate my mother's birthday with her. I would have taken it in a heartbeat, now I dreaded the idea of even looking her in the eye.