The sacrifice ~14

TITU'S P. O. V.

          Bhai! I might be a little lazy, but I'm always punctual. I hate people when they delay things. As Panchiji asked, I was there on time! But where is she? "Goleya! Where is she? I feel so tired sitting here!" I whined to Golu. "Bhaiyaji wait! She would be on her way. Arey! She's here" Golu said. I turned my head and saw her coming with a little blue top and baby pink skirt. She carefully caught her dress and came towards me. My face lit immediately. Golu had already left the place giving us some privacy.

              She came and stood infront of me with a small smile. The smile was obviously for courtesy purpose. I looked behind her, behind me, all around us. But Ruhi wasn't in sight. My smile slowly started to fade, but I was expecting something positive from Panchiji. My eager eyes were darted on her. She seemed nervous. She was fiddling with the hem of her stole. "Panchiji" I said with doubtful voice. "Shakthi di told me a plan where-" she started. "I know that. You just tell me where is Ruhi." I said with a stubborn tone.

                 She tightly closed her eyes. Her every action was creating havoc inside me. I tried to calm myself and spoke up, "Panch-" "Ruhi left". Her context was something I couldn't understand but her emotions depicted that something bad was going to follow. She slowly opened her eyes and fixed it on me. Her red eyes said a story of how much she cared for me. "She loves someone else. She was never yours." That hit my heart so hard that I couldn't even stand in that place. My limbs didn't give me the needed support. My body was being dragged down without my knowledge.

                    My Breath hitched. I closed my eyes and those what my dad told me this morning, rang in head. 'No girl in this universe would ever fall in love with you....... But I want to give you a chance......... If you bring her by tonight, then I promise you to make her your wife, only if she feels the same for you! If you didn't bring anyone....... Get ready to get out of this house! I can't stand your nonsense anymore!!' More than Ruhi rejecting me, leaving my Maiyya ached my heart a lot. I let out a sigh and lifted my head.

             I saw Panchiji in a kneeled position infront of me. Her eyes were wet and her lips were trembling. Does she care for me this much? I shouldn't let her cry like this. I wiped my eyes and plastered a smile on my face. "Arey Panchiji! Please don't cry! This is nothing. I knew Ruhi's answer. I ....I was just...... Just trying to confirm that! Nothing is going to change because of that! I promise! Just... I can't be living here..... my childhood, my Maiyya, my fans, you! I would miss you all! Just my assumption of all girls loving me, would marry me, is broken! But please don't take this to your heart!" I looked up.

                   "Really?" She asked. "Is that all Titu? Is that all is in your heart?" Her eyes were trying to search answers. I quickly got up. "That's it! Look I'm smiling. Now let's get you home. It's already pretty late. Your parents must be searching for you! Come!" I said with a smile. The plus point of my smile is, you can never find the difference between the real and the fake one. She got up and silently followed me. "Bhaiyaji! I'll go get you a Rickshaw" Golu said and left. Silence was the only thing filling the void of the eerie night. Panchiji was in her world and I was in mine. But somehow I knew that they were the same.

                   "Fake smiles are not always the answer for my questions!" She said from nowhere. My smile dropped and slowly my gaze met hers. Her eyes were red. "Sometimes tears have my answers" she said and walked past me. I stood rooted to my place. Except for my Mom none has accurately calculated this. I saw her walking past me, past my queries which I wanted to ask her. I followed behind her like a lost puppy. What did she really mean? Could she really read my mind? As I knew that only she would have my answers, I followed her.

Panchi's P. O. V.

          I knew he was beyond hurt. His smile evidently shows how much he is hurt. But how did he think that I would not find that? A friend might not find out, but I was thinking of him beyond that. I wiped my tears as I knew that Titu was following me. I didn't want him to get emotional because of me. He's already too hurt for that. Golu had caught a Rickshaw in the meanwhile. We three got onto it. As the Rickshaw started moving, somewhere I was feeling, I left something back! Something important! While I was wondering, I got to know that we were halfway through my house.

                "Bhaiyaji! Stop here!" I said. "But why Panchiji? We are halfway through your home!" Titu said. "I know! But I just now remembered that I had to meet my friend!" I said with eyes not meeting him. "Friend? At this hour? Panchi it's already late-" "Why? Is Mathura no better than any other state in India?" I retorted. Even though my anger was on something else, I could only vent out my feelings only on this. "No! But it's just-" "No need Titu! I can take care of myself! You may go!" I said and stepped out of the Rickshaw. "How much?" I asked the Auto Bhaiya.

                "I'll pay!" Titu said. I never gave attention to him. I paid the money and left the place. Even though I very badly wanted to be with him and console him, I was so weak to meet his innocent eyes. I closed my eyes, "Sorry Panchi! I know I used him for my love! I know I was selfish! But I had no other go! I thought Gaurav would come back to me this way! He also did. But....but Titu! I.... I am.... sorry!" Ruhi's words! I knew she was planning something but never thought she would stoop so low!!

No other go! Only I should help Titu out!!

PRECAP :

            "I love him, Uncle! I am ready to tie the knot with him!"

                       Vanakkam Anbu Ullangale! Hope you liked the Chappy!! If you did, you know the procedure! So do it!!

  Spread Love, Spread Happiness!!

Lot's of Love,
Sruthi ;)