Chapter 61

Grace was ready to bash her head against the wall behind her, she was over it. All she wanted was to leave the gang once she was sure they were home free. Micah had ruined it all, he had destroyed everything by making a simple deal. Grace knew how deals went with the law and they never went to plan. Why would a wanted man like Micah even accept a deal? Then again, all he ever wanted was the Blackwater money, it was more than obvious. He never shuts up about it but now he has been awfully quiet about it because he has a plan to get it. 
Her face ached from Micah's hits however she was more than thankful he hadn't shown up since she received a beating from him. Now she waited patiently in hope that whoever rode in would return for her. However she couldn't help but think it wasn't anyone she knew, it could've been a passing rider who got spooked. Grace closed her eyes, resting her head against the wall behind her. She thought she was dreaming when she heard approaching hooves until she opened her eyes. Once her eyes opened, the hooves continued. Grace wanted to cry in fear that it was Micah, the pain she was in was brutal. He could've done worse things of course but she would've rather be killed immediately then beat over and over. The hooves stopped and Grace could hear nothing else. She frowned in confusion, Micah was normally inside by now tormenting her.

"Hello?" Grace called out. "Please, help me," She pleaded. She heard the door creak open, she knew this wasn't Micah. Grace didn't keep her hops up as she half expected it to be Milton to pester her into ratting while Micah was gone. Wails of relief escaped her lips when she saw Abigail step into the house, her head immediately darting in the direction of her sobs. Abigail's blue eyes widened before she quickly ran over, pausing as she scanned the poor girls face. "Abigail?" Grace questioned. She was shocked to see her rescuer was Ms. Roberts but she was relieved to finally be somewhat safe. Abigail knelt down slowly, reaching her hand out to Grace's face.

"Oh, that bastard," Abigail grumbled before noticing her cuffs. She untucked the revolver held under her belt and held it in one of her hands. She held her breath before looking back at Grace. "I don't know if I'll shoot straight."

"Trust me, if you shoot me you'll be doing me a favour," Grace joked. Her chuckles were cut off to Abigail firing the gun, her bullet splitting the chain on the cuffs. The chain that held Grace to the table leg fell to the ground, Grace letting out a gasp of relief. Abigail grinned, proud of her shot before reaching a hand down to her. Grace took her hand, the woman helping her to her feet.

"Charles found out you were here," Abigail explained as she helped Grace walk towards the door. "This was the only chance we had to get you out of here without Micah finding out. The boys and Sadie are robbing the train."

"Already?" Grace slightly gasped. Abigail nodded.

"Yeah. Mostly everyone has left too, other than Tilly and Susan," Abigail informed. "They stayed back to help me with Jack. I hope Arthur doesn't mind that I told them what's really happening."

"You told Tilly and Susan?" Grace questioned. Abigail nodded as she held her breath slightly.

"I had too, I'm sorry. They knew I weren't just going out shopping, not during a time like this. I had to tell them but don't worry they're on our side," Abigail informed with a small grin. She helped Grace out of the house, looking back at the building. "I'm surprised he didn't put you in some dump."

"Believe me, this place is a nightmare," Grace muttered. She whistled for Kaya, her horse immediately running over to her from a grassy area. Grace groaned in pain before patting the horse, Abigail stayed by her side to support the woman. "I'm fine," Grace assured Abigail. Abigail however didn't leave her side, watching Grace as she mounted the horse before she hurried over to the horse she rode in on. Grace watched as Abigail pulled herself into the saddle of a Morgan, one of the spare horses the camp travelled with.