Chapter 17 "Going Down"

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~

When Halstead and Severide land at Erie International Airport, they're met by the rescue team.
"I'm Michael Phillips," the man tells them.
"Kelly Severide. This is Jay Halstead," Severide tells him.
"Let's go! There's already another helicopter out and there's a team going through Cook Forest State Park. That's where we think the plane may have landed," he tells the guys.
"Not crashed?" Severide questions.
"We don't like to say crashed. There haven't been any reports of fire anywhere which is a good thing," Michael tells them as they walk to the helicopter.
They get in and buckle up, "I just want to find them, Kelly!" Halstead tells him.
"Me too!" Severide says.

~~~~~~~

The four decide to ask each other questions to relieve themselves of boredom.
"Could you survive a couple of days in the wild?" Harry asks.
"Yes, hello, Marine......Special Forces!" Shaylynn tells him looking at Beth.
"What? I could! I'm tougher than I look! And you don't know what I have this bag!" Beth says, Shaylynn, smiling at her.
Geoff starts laughing, "Oh that bag of yours! I'm sure something bit me when I put my hand in there!"
"When were you in my bag?" Beth asks him.
"Years ago. You asked me to look for a caramel log!" he tells her laughing.
"Oh, I love those!" Beth says.
"I never did find one!" Geoff tells her.
Beth started looking through her bag, "Hey! Found one!"
"Fuck! How long has that been in there?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Since the other day. I stole some from the bakery!" Beth tells her.
"Pretty sure you can't steal from yourself!" Shaylynn tells her laughing.
Beth opened it up and started to eat it.
"Does pineapple belong on pizza?" Shaylynn asks as Beth glares at her.
"Yuck! No!" Harry says.
"You only asked that because you know I like pineapple on mine!" Beth tells her.
"I like it but only with jalapenos!" Geoff says.
"Oh, I'm gonna try that!" Beth tells him.
"You two are weird!" Shaylynn tells both of them.
"You're weird for not liking it! If you had a dog, what breed would it be and what would you call it?" Geoff asks.
"Aww! Poodle cross! I'd call him Blue!" Beth says.
"Of all dogs, you'd pick a half breed? I'd have a Rottweiler and name him Zeus!" Shaylynn says.
Beth started laughing, "Are you picking a dog that would look like you? A Rottweiler with lipstick?"
She and the guys started laughing, Shaylynn just sitting there, "I'd bite all three of your heads off!" Shaylynn says getting their attention, "What about you Geoff?" she asks.
"I prefer cats!" Geoff says.
"Oh, so Geoff likes the pussies!" Shaylyn says as Harry starts laughing so hard he almost falls over.
"If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?" Beth asks.
"I'd be you! To see what goes on that fucking head of yours!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I'd be a broad with big...."Geoff starts to say when Beth squeals.
"I have a signal! I only have sixteen percent battery though," she tells everyone.
"I can't get a signal yet!" Shaylynn says.
"That's because the Samsung phones are shit!" Beth tells her.
"Hey I know, the next time we're standing on something hard, why don't you drop your iPhone and I'll drop my Samsung and we'll see which one doesn't break!" Shaylynn tells her.
Geoff and Harry look at each other, "Beth, send Kelly a text," Geoff tells her.
"I have a signal too. I'll phone my Dad and get a trace put on mine. They'll be able to find out where we are!" Shaylynn says.
"Good idea!" Geoff says.
"What shall I say?" Beth asks.
"Tell him we landed safe but have no idea where we are," Shaylynn tells her.
Beth starts typing away.
"It couldn't be sent! I have an error message," she says.
Shaylynn hears Hank answer, "Dad!" she says.
"Shaylynn! Are you two alright?" he asks her.
"Yeah! You know then? We're all fine! We have no idea where we are! Where's Jay?" Shaylynn asks.
"With Severide! They're on their way to Erie to join the helicopter rescue squad to find you both. Trudy has a friend that works at Air Traffic Control. They heard a plane went down from JFK Airport and put two and two together," Hank tells her as Shaylynn smiles, "See you soon!" he says hanging up.
"I feel so much better after hearing that!" Shaylynn tells him.
"What is it?" Beth asks her.
"Jay and Kelly are here with a helicopter rescue squad to find us," Shaylynn tells her.
"Really?" Beth asks smiling.
"Really!" Shaylynn tells her smiling as Beth tries to send the message again.