Defeat

{In which Uma and the pirates have just lost to Mal and her crew.}

"What's my name? What's my name? WHAT'S MY NAME? SAY IT NOW!" Uma shouted, tears welled in her eyes. Harry tried to stop her as she ran from the crew. She turned back long enough to hear Mal leave the tunnel, but sank to her knees and cried. Harry sat with her and slung his arm around her shoulders. "Come ere, love." She leaned in to him and cried harder. "This was all I wanted. Just to escape this hell hole. Harry, I can't do anything right."

He motioned at her crew to leave, as he knew Uma wouldn't have wanted them to see her like this. Gil tried to stay behind to help comfort her, but Harry told him (more politely) to leave as well.

"Uma, we'll get our chance one day. May not be today. Might not be tomorrow. But we will get there. We'll leave my dad and The Chip Shoppe behind, we won't need them. You and me, together in Auradon, like we always dreamed. If it means we can be together, then I'm willing to wait for it."

She looked up into his eyes. "You really think that's ever going to happen now? Harry, I messed this up for us. I messed this up for everyone."

"Ye know how spontaneous their dumb king is, we probably will be in a limo within a month."

He took her hand in his, and ran his thumb across her fingers. "We'll make it love," he whispered in her ear. Harry sat uncomfortably on the rotting wood, in between his legs sat his love. His wet, salty hair dripped down onto her leather jacket, as he'd dove into the water to retrieve his hook. "Your eyes are pretty after ye cry," he said, smiling.

"You're just saying that so I'll stop crying."

"Maybe, but it's true."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Come with me to my house, I can guarantee the old man is at a bar."

She smiled and took his hand. They walked to Harry's apartment he shared with his dad. As he helped her up the crumbling cement stairs, she realized how she'd never felt like this. She'd never felt so close to Harry. "I know we've been together for awhile, but I want you to know, I've never been so in love with you."

"Ah, well I've been in love with ye for years."

They paused on the rubble and Harry took her other hand in his. "I love you, Uma."

"I love you more, pirate."

He stepped closer to her, their faces mere inches away. Slowly, he moved his fingers up Uma's arm to her shoulder. "Uma," he said, just before pressing his lips to hers. "Come on," he dragged her up the stairs. They walked into Harry's apartment, he dropped his hook on the table and Uma knocked his hat off. "God, I love your hair," she said, tangling her fingers in it.

"Me too," he said while picking her up and carrying her to his room. Harry slipped Uma onto the bed and laid next to her. "Today was rough. We don't have to do anything tonight, if ye just want to lay here, that's fine."

"I just want to be here with you. I'm sure my mom found out so I don't want to go home. Can I stay here over the night?"

"Of course love."

She curled up against his chest, Harry wrapping his arms around her in the process. His body tensed as he heard the front door open. The clicks of his father's shoes approaching Harry's door terrified him. The door creaked as his father stepped in. "What the hell is the Sea Witch's kid doing here?"

"Oh ye mean me girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend? Haha. That's really funny, you dumbass. No one could ever love you."

He walked out of Harry's room. The pirate boy was in tears. "Uma, I-"

"Shh, I know." She rolled over so that she was facing him. "He's wrong. I love you. I love your personality, your strength, your attitude and everything about you. Just take a breath and forget about your dad. I'm here, okay?"

He nodded and hugged her again. "Thank you, Uma."