44; Girl Stuff

I woke up the next morning feeling very warm and opened my eyes to see blankets on top of me, the fort must've fallen down while we were sleeping.

"Peter." I whispered, shaking him. "Peter."

His eyes fluttered open and he looked around confused. I laughed at him.

"It fell down." I said, obviously.

We both crawled out of the collapsed fort and I noticed my bedroom door was closed. Shit.

"Did you close the door?" I asked as Peter stood up.

"No, it must've blown shut." He motioned to the open window.

"Oh my God Tony's gonna kill me."

Peter got dressed since he was going to school today, but I didn't bother. Tony had a program set up for me to do online school when I wanted, and I was too tired from the play to go to school today. We both headed downstairs to see Tony and Pepper standing in the kitchen. When Pepper noticed the two of us coming out of my room she gave us a concerned look. We smiled awkwardly.

"Good morning." I caught Tony's attention. He was cooking something on the stove.

"Morning." He looked back to the pan. I looked at Peter, we both knew he was mad about the door.

"Um— the door blew shut last night. Open window... wind..." I made wind motions with my hands and Tony gave me a look. "You... know how wind works."

He looked at Pepper and she immediately got up from the bar stool and left through the front door. Can they communicate through their minds or something?

"Sit children." Tony said creepily.

I eyed Peter, but we obeyed and took a seat at the bar where Pepper was previously.

"Listen," Tony placed two plates of french toast in front of us and leaned forward on the counter. "I don't mind you guys being close," Peter and I sighed in relief. "Friends." He finished his sentence and Peter and I looked at each other.

"Um, yeah." Peter laughed nervously.

"Of course." I agreed.

"Good." Tony smiled, slapping the table a couple times jollily, and turning back around to get a plate of food for himself.

While his back was turned, Peter and I looked at each other, mouthing words like 'What the hell are we going to do?' and 'I'm not telling him, you're telling him!' until he turned around again and we acted as if nothing happened. He looked at us suspiciously, placing his plate on the counter.

"So," he began eating. "What did you guys do last night?"

I swallowed, he's onto us. "We made a fort and watched a movie."

"A fort?" He said amusingly. "Ah I remember when I used to build forts. Me and my friends used to think we were so secretive, watching movies we weren't allowed to watch, playing spin the bottle, having our first kisses," I choked on my apple juice. "Staying up until 3 in the morning, you know."

Peter tried to hide my coughing by laughing along with Tony, but it wasn't working, we were a hot mess.

"Anyway, I'm heading into the Avengers Facility in a while. Victoria, you wanna tag along?"

I had finally caught my breath and nodded. "Yeah sure."

"Parker?"

"Uh, no I can't. I have school."

"Ah, too bad."

Once Tony left to get ready, Peter and I looked at each other with sweaty foreheads. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"He's onto us." Peter said.

"I know."

"What're we gonna do? If he finds out we kissed he's going to feed me to Bailey."

"Well, we're just going to have to make sure he doesn't find out."

"He's Tony Stark, that's not going to take long."

Peter left for school and I promised to text him later to let him know how things were going and if Tony had discovered our dark secret yet. I got dressed in blue jeans, a pink tee-shirt and my sneakers, then headed downstairs to scroll through my phone.

"Ready to go?" Tony startled me as he walked downstairs.

"Uh, yeah!"

The car ride to the Avengers Facility was uncomfortably silent except for the hum of the radio. When we arrived I could not be more relieved. We walked inside to see everyone sitting in the board room again. Bruce and Steve were looking at some stuff on a desk.

I walked over to the windows again and sat on the ledge, staring out over the streets.

"Hey Victoria." Nat walked up behind me.

"Oh, hey."

"Anything the matter?"

"No not really."

"Then why do you keep looking back at Tony?" I didn't realize I was doing it until now. "Wanna go for a walk? Just the two of us?"

I hesitated at first, but she was the only girl I could talk to at the moment, so I nodded and we headed out.

"Where are you two going?" Tony asked as we left.

"Girl stuff, Tony. Girl stuff." Nat winked at him and he made a face, going back to his work. I'll have to use that trick.

We walked down the hall slowly.

"I know talking to Tony might be kinda hard since you're a girl and he's a guy and, well, he doesn't really get girl stuff." Nat spoke. "Twelve can be a confusing age. I know when I was twelve my body was going through so many changes that I felt like I was going crazy!"

I made a face but she just continued talking. "There's a lot of things going on inside your brain right now, hormones and such. But it's all a good thing you know, it means you're healthy. And if you ever need a girl to talk to about your body or periods or any—"

"I kissed Peter!" I blurted out, stopping in my tracks and looking up at her.

Her mouth dropped. "You what?!" I swallowed. "Tony is going to lose his mind!"

"You think I don't know that?!"

"What are you gonna do?!"

"I don't know, that's where you're supposed to come in!"

Nat began pacing back and forth as I stood and watched her. "Um okay, okay... I mean you kissed that boy in the play, right?"

I nodded. "Carlos."

"Yeah, and your dad didn't seem to mad about that."

"That was acting! Kissing Peter Parker was not acting!"

Someone walked out of a room into the hall and looked at us strangely. We stood in silence until the man walked down the hall.

"What am I gonna do?!" I whined, putting my face in my hands.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out, okay? For now let's just go back to the room and let things play out the way they're supposed to."

I took a breath and nodded. "Okay."