2; Stark Jr.

*Victoria's POV*

Happy opened the car door for me, Pepper got out on her own. The sun shone into my eyes as I looked up at the mansion in front of me, so I put my hand up to protect them.

"You coming?" Happy asked suddenly. I looked back and noticed Pepper already walking toward the house. I turned and walked beside Happy.

I hadn't noticed until now how fast my heart was beating, I guess I was kind of nervous. I mean, I am meeting my biological father who, as far as I know, doesn't want anything to do with me, for the first time ever. So I suppose that's a good enough excuse. Now that I think about it, he didn't come to pick me up, so I guess that goes to show how interested he is in meeting me.

Pepper left the front door open for us, and Happy wheeled my suitcase inside as I followed closely behind.

"Good afternoon Miss Potts and Mister Hogan." A voice seemed to fill the room.

My eyes widened and I looked around the huge room. Happy chuckled next to me.

"That's Jarvis; a computer system created by To— your father. He's all around the house. Introduce yourself." Happy explained.

I looked around and cleared my throat. "Uhm... h-hi, my name is Victoria. Victoria Stark." I spoke.

"Adding Victoria Stark to my system." The robot man spoke again. "Good evening, Miss Stark."

"Good evening." I giggled.

"Tony's probably in the workshop downstairs, that's where he spends most of his time. I'll go get him." Pepper announced, and headed down some spiraled stairs.

I peered down at my little suitcase and wrapped my hand around the handle in search of some sort of comfort. I spun around and saw happy typing away on his cellphone, probably doing some work stuff.

"Nervous?" He said suddenly, without looking up.

I sighed. "Is it that obvious?"

"Nah, you're fine kid. It's normal, you've never met this guy before." Happy shoved his phone into his back pocket and leaned on the counter. "Tony can be a little intimidating at first, but he'll warm up to you. Just give him time."

I nodded, feeling some relief, but still felt the butterflies fluttering around in my belly. After a few more minutes, I turned back around at the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. I gripped the handle of my suitcase in front of me with both hands, and gulped hard. Pepper appeared, and a man followed behind her. She stopped in front of Happy and I and waited for the man to reach us.

"Tony," She spoke up, grabbing the man's attention. "This is Victoria."

The man, Tony, peered over to me and looked me in the eyes. I wasted no time examining his face, and he seemed to do the same. He had dark chocolate brown eyes, dark hair and a matching mustache and beard that was cleanly shaven. He wore a plain button-down shirt with a black vest overtop, with black pants and shoes.

We continued staring at each other for what felt like hours, until I decided to take a step forward, despite my thumping heart telling me otherwise

We continued staring at each other for what felt like hours, until I decided to take a step forward, despite my thumping heart telling me otherwise. I could feel my eyes start to burn with tears, but tried my best to keep them in. As I got closer though, I could see his eyes filling up with tears as well. I couldn't tell if they were happy tears or sad tears, but I decided to go with happy.

Without thinking, I plunged forward, he crouched down to my level, which was short, and I threw my arms around his neck.

"Why did you leave?" I asked, my voice breaking slightly.

I felt him sigh, and I could imagine him closing his eyes. "Because I..." He started.

I pulled away and realized Happy and Pepper had left us alone. I used my sleeve to wipe my face and sniffed. He ran his thumb across my cheek to catch a stray tear, and smiled a painful smile. "Come downstairs, I'll explain everything."

...

"I met your mother 'bout... thirteen years ago? Not sure, s'been a long time." Tony tinkered with something at his desk. I listened quietly from my stool. "Anyways, we... dated.. for a while, I guess. I loved her, I really loved her, but, things fell apart." He scrunched up his eyebrows. "It didn't work out, and, I left. Just got up one morning and left, like a jerk."

I didn't say anything.

"I didn't even think about..." He looked over to me and closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. He shook his head.

"It's okay." I spoke up.

"No, it's not. She tried to call me, and she texted me, and— I didn't answer. I blocked her number and thought it was for the best." He ran his hands through his hair.

I hopped off the stool and padded over to him, sitting on the floor next to his desk with my arms wrapped around my knees. He looked at me.

"You look just like her." He grinned, and I returned the gesture.

His expression turned serious and he seemed to hesitate before speaking again

His expression turned serious and he seemed to hesitate before speaking again. "What happened to her?"

My heart dropped, and I felt my palms become sweaty. "You don't know?"

He shook his head. "I wanted to ask you."

I thought back. "I was three. I was told by the people at the orphanage that we were both in a car... drunk driver." Tony hung his head. "I had a few scrapes and bruises. She was killed instantly."

"I'm sorry." Tony said, not looking up.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault."

"But it could have been."

*3rd person POV*

Tony painfully thought back to his early thirties. After losing Anne, he spent most of his nights at bars, getting extremely drunk. Most nights Pepper or Happy would pick him up, but some nights he'd take it upon himself to find a way home, by driving himself. Getting pulled over for drunk driving doesn't look good on someone who owns such a huge business, especially when you're Tony Stark, and he could only hope Victoria didn't find out.