31; Theatre Days

My eyes fluttered open and I looked sideways around the room. I was laying on the couch on the aircraft. Once my eyes finally focused, I could see everyone standing around the table. I moved my head slightly and saw Peter also passed out on a seat close by me. Sitting up, I groaned as a sharp pain shot through my head and everyone looked toward me. Tony walked over and kneeled in front of me.

"Hey, how you feeling?" He asked. I touched my head and felt something wrapped around it. "Don't touch it, it's a bandage. When the Scepter exploded, a piece of it hit your head. You got a pretty deep cut. Bruce took care of it."

I looked toward Bruce who smiled. "Thanks, Bruce."

"No problem, kiddo."

I looked back to Tony and scrunched my eyebrows together. "You're a mess."

He chuckled. "None of us have gotten cleaned up yet."

I looked down at myself and realized how dirty I was as well, and I could only imagine how terrible my face and hair appeared.

"Loki?" I asked.

"He was taken away, he won't be getting out anytime soon."

I nodded. "Is he okay?" I motioned to Peter.

"He's fine, just tired." I nodded again.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Quite a while, we're almost home."

Tony soon headed back over to the table with everyone else, and I became bored from staring out the window watching the clouds go by. I rolled over, saw that Peter was still asleep, and also noticed a TV on the wall opposite me. I stood up and padded over, opening the cupboard next to it. Inside were tons of DVD's, and I began sorting through them.

'Tony Stark 1990 - Grease'

I made a face. Tony was in a play? I opened the disc and placed it into the DVD player immediately, peeking around the corner to make sure Tony wasn't watching. I grabbed the remote and hopped back onto the couch, pressing play. It was then that Peter woke up and peered up at me groggily. I put a finger to my mouth and pointed to the television, which began playing some old, blurry footage of a stage. Peter smirked and sat next to me, taking some of my blanket. The play started and Peter and I waited to see Tony.

"There he is!" I whisper-yelled, pointing at the screen.

Tony was wearing a black leather jacket, some sunglasses and his hair was jelled back into a mullet. I covered my mouth to contain my laughing and so did Peter. He started singing, snapping and dancing all around the stage and soon enough, Peter and I lost it and began laughing hysterically. I fell onto my back. Everyone looked at us and Tony walked over.

"What're you two laughing at?" I couldn't reply and just pointed at the screen. Tony's eyes went huge and he ran at us, searching for the remote. "You guys aren't supposed to watch these!"

"These? There's more?!" I exclaimed. Tony finally found the remote and pried it from my hands, pressing the power button.

"Mr. Stark, I didn't know you were a theatre kid?" Peter calmed down a bit.

"You weren't supposed to. And neither were you!" He looked to me.

"Why not?! You were good!" I said.

"My father forced me to take that class, it was humiliating." His face was red now.

I thought back to the time we were on the airplane and we watched The Greatest Showman. Tony had told me that he hates musicals, now I understood. His father made him take theatre, and now he was turned from it completely.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"Yeah, Sorry Mr. Stark."

He sighed, placing the disc back in it's case. "That's alright."

I pondered for a moment. "I think I would like to do that." Tony looked at me. "Plays and stuff. It looks fun."

He grinned, pushing the DVD back into the shelf and closing the door. "If you think you'd like it, ask your school about it tomorrow. You deserve to be a kid every now and then."

...

"Victoria!" I heard a familiar voice behind me and some fast footsteps. I spun around to see Peter.

"Peter! I didn't know you went to my school."

"I'm usually upstairs, all of my classes are up there." He explained.

I readjusted my books in my arms. "This is great! Wanna hang out at lunch?"

"Sure, I'll text you."

I nodded and we went our separate ways. I headed further down the hall on the hunt for the theatre room. I finally found it, you had to go down a couple stairs to get to it. I felt like Harry Potter or something, even though I'd never read it. I pushed open the door and was met with a big, beautiful theatre with red seats and a stage at the front.

"Come on up!" Someone was waving to me. I broke out of my trance and ran toward the stage. There were about twenty other students standing around, and an older man who I assumed was the teacher.

"Hi, I'm—"

"You're the Stark kid, we know you." A blonde girl said, chewing gum obnoxiously. I gulped and looked at the teacher.

"It's very nice to meet you Miss Stark, how can I help you today?" The man put out his hand and I shook it.

"Uhm— I was wondering if I could join theatre?"

He smiled. "Absolutely, we're just about to begin casting for Beauty and the Beast. I'm Mr. Williams, by the way."

I grinned and took a seat in one of the front seats in between two boys. The smaller roles were casted first, and we watched as multiple students went up on the stage and sang various songs from the play. I'd decided that if I was going to try out, I might as well go big or go home. I wanted to be Belle, front and centre. Five other girls tried out for Belle before me, including the blonde girl.

Finally, it was my turn. I took the lyric sheet from Mr. Williams and headed up to the stage. I stood in front of the microphone and the music began playing, I took a breath and began reading the words off the sheet in my best singing voice. I was singing the song Home from the play. Once I finished, I opened my eyes and looked down at everyone. Mr. Williams began clapping slowly and then sped up. I laughed nervously.

"That was great, Victoria!"

I sighed in relief. "Thank you!" Then I ran quickly off the stage, taking my seat again. The casting took until lunch, and soon, I got a text from Peter.

'Meet me at the back entrance :P'