17; Dangerous

I woke up to somebody picking me up. I opened my eyes and saw Tony pulling me into his arms and carrying me bridal style into the hotel. I didn't object, I was exhausted. Once inside, he brought me to my room and tucked me into bed. I let out a huge yawn and heard him laugh.

"I know you're awake." He said. I grinned, keeping my eyes closed.

"I know... I just wanted to be carried in." I told the truth.

"Get some sleep," he said softly. I felt him kiss my cheek and then slide the door closed, leaving me in darkness.

...

"Crazy little thing called love..." I heard muffled music playing from the other room.

Even though I didn't have my eyes open, I could tell I was facing a window because the underside of my eyelids were a light brown instead of black. The sun was shining today.

My eyes fluttered open and I squinted at the brightness from outdoors. I could see the busy street down below from where I was lying and watched for a few seconds before rolling over and picking up my phone from the nightstand.

It was 9:45am. I checked Twitter and Instagram. I had gained over five-thousand more followers overnight.

I pushed the blankets off my body and hopped off the bed, heading to the door which was slightly ajar already. When I pushed the door open the music filled my ears, and I looked to the left where Dad was in the kitchen cooking something on the stove. By the smell I could tell it was bacon and probably something else as well. He hadn't noticed me yet because the music was so loud, so I just stepped forward and sat on one of the barstools.

He turned around and jumped when he saw me sitting there.

"You scared the shi— crap out of me." He turned down the music with a remote.

"Sorry," I giggled.

He turned around and picked up two plates, walking around the bar to sit next to me, and placed a plate in front of me.

"Thanks." I said. He sat next to me. "What are we doing today?"

"I have a press conference in... about an hour," he looked at his watch.

"How long will that be?"

"Not sure, it depends on how many people are there and the amount of questions asked."

I nodded, acting like I understood what he was talking about. "Questions about what?"

He swallowed some food. "People want to know about the fight in Thousand Oaks, with Loki."

My mouth made an 'O' shape. "Am I coming?" I guess I should've asked that first, maybe he doesn't even want me there, or can't have me there. I don't know how these things work.

"Yeah you can come."

After we ate, I headed to my room to find something to wear. I searched through my suitcase, tossing clothes onto the floor and the bed. I was making a mess.

"Are you re— woooah..." I heard Tony say.

I spun around and saw him entering my room wearing a tuxedo, like he usually did for events like this.

"Did you fight Loki again?" He joked. I rolled my eyes.

"What should I wear?"

"It doesn't matter, this isn't very fancy. I have to dress up because, well, I'm Iron Man." He winked.

I ended up wearing a plain white t-shirt tucked into loose blue jeans and some Adidas sneakers. I looped a belt through my jeans and brushed through my hair, then walked into the living room again.

"Ready?" Tony looked up from his phone. He was sitting on the couch.

"Yep."

Happy was waiting for us outside, as usual. Tony opened the door for me and I quickly scooted inside to avoid being recognized by passerby's, he followed shortly after. We drove for about 10 minutes, where I put in my earbuds and listened to music the majority of the way. I was listening to a song called 'Shoot To Thrill' by AC/DC. It was one of the many songs I'd heard Tony listening to while working in his workshop. I stared out the window as we drove, it was a beautiful day.

The car came to a stop and I pulled my earbuds out, paused my music, and shoved my phone and earbuds into my back pants' pocket. Happy opened his door and I could hear the crowd of people that had been waiting for our arrival. He walked around the car and opened Tony's door for him. Once he got out, he held out a hand for me and helped me out as well, making sure to keep me guarded from the crowd.

"Tony! What happened in California?"
"Tony where is Loki now?"
"Victoria tell us about your powers."

Their use of my name caught my attention and I slowed my pace. Tony didn't notice and kept walking toward the glass doors of the building. I walked toward the people surrounding us and their faces lit up.

"Victoria how do your powers work?" A lady asked, holding a tape recorder close to my face.

"Um— well, I didn't know I had them at first. I only discovered them a little while ago. I don't really know how they work... they just... do." I laughed.

"Can you show us?" Another lady interrupted, holding out her cellphone to record me.

I hesitated. Eh, what could go wrong?

I held out my hand and focussed on the lady's phone. It slid from her hand and lifted into the air and I moved my hand up. Everyone was staring at the scene playing out and I could see a lot of people recording videos on their phones and on cameras.

I was having fun with all of the attention when my arm was pulled down and the phone dropped to the ground and smashed the screen. My head spun around and I saw Tony. He kept my wrist gripped tightly in his hand and pulled me away from the crowd and into the building.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed, instantly regretting using that kind of language in front of him.

"'What the hell?'" He mocked me. "You can't just walk away from me like that! And to show them what you can do, it's not safe!"

"Tony I'm eleven years old, I'm not five!"

"You could have been mobbed or kidnaped!" By this point everyone was looking at us. Tony looked up and everyone looked away as if they weren't looking at all. He sighed.

"I don't want you to do that anymore." He said sternly.

I huffed. "Fine." I crossed my arms.