AN INTRO OF A SAVING

The burning smell had me barely seeing anymore. The cloth on my mouth isn't really protecting me from burnt out air of corpses either. Confusion took over me on how it ended up like this but, the whole building was burning right in front of my eyes. I was barely letting out a breath. The only sight in front of me is them, corpses of lost kids and even adults everywhere.

What a dreading sight indeed.

Yet there was I am, finally near the metal door of the ability to see another daylight again. That is, until something caught my attention. Until a small voice....caught my attention.

"h-help....s-someone."

I was surprised to even hear a single voice in this death hole. I looked around, and I barely even noticed him, but a young man who seems to be in his twenties was barely conscious, thrown in under the metal bars that has already collapsed before him. i had alot of second thoughts before I finally gave in and decided to save him.

I don't know what has gotten into me but... A feeling told me to save him.

It wasn't my first time here, definitely not my first time to be in this barbaric place where kids get abducted....where I got abducted. I was able to get away with it though, several times it seems. My weak and fragile look always got them taking me for granted after all.

I've always been a survivor; never cared about what happened to the rest whom were in the same shoe as I was. That is, until I saw the barely living boy. Something inside felt different which caused me to help him.

I lifted the metal bars off him. They were so heavy, but I couldn't care less. I ended up dragging his burned arm over my shoulder and supported him by holding his waist with my other hand. He seemed to be still conscious, as he started walking slowly. He was having a hard time breathing as well, so I moved the cloth off of my face and cupped his face with it. I feared he might die for some reason, although we've never even met before.

As we finally stepped out of that building that has already collapsed, the boy beside me fell on his knees, coughing loudly, trying to take in his breath. It wasn't long though, before we heard faint noises of sirens, and that's when I knew it was the police.

This is bad, I thought.

I better run. still, he's going to die before the police find him. I can't leave him here. No choice there is, but to bring him along, I thought.

It wasn't long though, before he collapsed on out way, through the mild forest.

I'm so lost.

Just what the hell did I get into this time?