Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

~Niall’s POV~

The clouds seemed to be glowing; there were beautiful shades of light blues, oranges, and pinks; I watched them as they passed us by. Even though I had the most amazing view right out of my window, the only view I wanted was to see Brielle happy again. The way I saw her this morning made me feel like it was the first night all over again. It killed me to think that I was the only one who knew what she was going through and there’s nothing I could do about it. Harry seems to be raising his voice towards her sometimes, I can tell she’s afraid, but I can’t say anything about it… they would get suspicious… and I would break her trust.

But… I had to do something ! Being the only one who knows is really hard because I’m responsible if something happens… like it did last night… I need to keep her safe.

I looked over and her and she was peacefully asleep in her chair. I unbuckled and walked over to her; I tucked her hair behind her ears, reclined her chair and covered her with a blanket from the overhead storage area. I made sure she wasn’t going to wake up before I walked towards the front of the plane and sat on the floor near the rest of the boys.

“We need to talk….” I whispered

“Are you finally going to spill about what happened with Brielle?” Harry whispered in shock.

Hmm… I guess Harry didn’t know… he was just really upset about the whole thing… understandable…

“No! I would never betray her trust!” I yelled in a low voice

All of their faces fell slightly; I guess they were really curious. I wanted to tell them, but I couldn’t do that to Brielle. She trusted me with her secret and I can’t betray her.

You can’t tell, you can’t tell, you can’t tell I told myself over again over again.

“So what is it Niall?” Liam asked curiously

“Well it’s about Brielle, I know we’re all worried, so we really need to watch her better, but we can’t baby her or it might make her upset.” I whispered

“So what’s the plan?” Harry asked

“Well I think that since we’ll all be living in the same house for a while, we need to make spare keys to her room, make sure there’s an alarm system on the house so we can tell if she tries to leave in the middle of the night, someone needs to be with her at all times, and we can’t keep anything sharp near her” I explained

“Niall… I thought you didn’t want to baby her.” Louis said

“I don’t… which is why we need to do it discretely” I winked

“Niall, I’m all for protecting Brielle, I love her just as much as you do, but we can’t keep her locked in a house, she’s an adult.” Liam said

“Well we have to protect her and that’s the best way to make sure she’s safe!” I argued

“I’m for it” Harry said as he glanced at me.

“Well I’m not, she’s not our prisoner, as much as you two would like her to be, let’s just be glad she agreed to stay” Louis said

“I don’t want her to be a prisoner, I want her to be safe and I know I’m being overprotective, but this is Brielle, this isn’t just some girl, she’s special” I said with tears forming in my eyes.

“Niall, I understand, but we need to dull it down a bit. Like Louis said, she’s not our prisoner, she’s an adult. I think you’re right about having someone in the house with her at all times, making spare keys, but we don’t need an alarm system and to keep sharp things away from her, she’s not a child. We can’t force her into anything as much as we’d like to keep her safe… She can leave if she wants to.” Liam said.