"Your nose is bleeding." Said on girl with short hair and black eyeliner. "Here." She sticks her hand out and helps me up.

"Thanks." I told her. I clapped my hands. "Lets play." I rubbed my knees and looked at the corner and saw Steve. He waved at me.

"Go!" We played for a while and Ms

"Go!" We played for a while and Ms. Bradly told us to hit the showers. I walked to Steve.

"You're pretty good." He said to me.

"Thanks, played volleyball since I was in middle school."

"The more I know." He laughs. "Hey, you can sit with me at lunch, if you want, i dont mind sharing my baby carrots with you."

"Sure, ill see you in lunch." I winked and hit the showers. I got dressed and saw the girl that helped me up. "Hey." She turns to me. "Im Wendy Byers, thanks for the lift."

"Robin Buckley, no problem." She smirks. "Those girls are prissy."

"Tell me about it." We laughed. "You have english next right? With mr. Jayson?"

"Yeah i do." She looks at me as she put on her backpack. "Youre the girl that falls asleep in that class right?"

"The one and only." I laughed.

"You got some balls Byers." we talked all the way to class. I made a friend. I went to lunch shortly after and hung with Steve. He kept offering his carrots. It was pretty cool. Just the two of us, eating outside.

"Dating anyone?" Steve asked.

"I have a boyfriend." I lied.

"Haha, no you dont. If you dont stop being so cute, you will soon." I started to turn red. Bright red. I bit my lip.

"I actually left an abusive relationship after I came here. The guy was bad news." I chuckled to myself.

"I want to have a one on one with this guy. I cant believe he hurt you. Wendy, thats not acceptable. Not on my watch."

"Trust me, you dont want to even meet this guy." I shut my eyes as i ate a carrot. "I have no idea what I thought about him was cute."

"So you got a type?"

"You can say that." He looks at me.

"What's your type?"

"Tall, handsome, funny guys. Oh they definitely got to be adorable too." He smiles. I can keep going but I would be talking about him. "You have a type?"

"Funny, pretty, and girls who have a really cute smile." I chuckled. I turned red. The bell rang. I gathered my notebook and books.

"Thanks for the lunch Harrington." I touched his arm.

"Anytime Byers." I walked away. I bit my lip and went to class. School was over and I walked home. I saw Nancys witch hat in my car. Might want to return that. I decided to go out on a walk. It was a nice day, chilly but nice. I made it to her house and saw Will's friend, Dustin.

"Hey Dustin." I waved.

"Wendy! Its not worth it. Nancys not home."

"Uh, okay." He threw her hat to the bushes. "Hey! I was about to return it to her."

"Trust me, she doesnt want it. Walk with me." I walked with him. I saw Steves car pull up. He got out of his car and he had flowers. He still had feelings for her. You have to have a crush on him! He still likes her! You messed up big time Byers! Now your heart is gonna be ripped into pieces and your gonna live alone, with 50 cats! "Steve. Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?" Dustin pointed at the flowers.

"Wendy what are you doing here?"

"Came to give Nancy back her hat? You?"

"Steve! Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?" Dustin yelled.

"No."

"Good." Dustin grabs the roses.

"Hey.What the hell?" Dustin walks away from us and to Steve car. "Hey!"

"Nancy isn't home."

"Where is she?" I asked standing next to Steve.

"Doesn't matter." It kinda does. "We have bigger problems than your love life." Dustin opens the car door. "Do you still have that bat?" He asked Steve.

"Bat?" I turned to him.

"What bat?" Steve said to Dustin.

"The one with the nails?" My eyes widen.

"Why?"

"I'll explain it on the way."

"Now?" We both asked.

"Now!" Dustin yelled. Steve and I ran to the car. "Wendy did Will ever tell you what happened last year?"

"Jonathan told me that he went missing." Dustin puts his head down. "Why?"

"I cant believe they never told you."