Chapter 34

Axel's POV

     They all seem like cool people. After the initial introduction, the conversation proceeds. I listen. I prefer to listen. They're talking about the food, and then the topic changes to cows, then animals, then dolphins. It's honestly funny how quick they jump subjects.

     "I've swam with dolphins!" Alyssa chirps.

     "The fuck? Are they slimy?" Ben asks, disgust in his voice.

     "Well, no, they're kinda... Umm..."

     "Moist!!" Even says loudly. I cringe, and I'm sure the others did too.

     "Do not say that word!" Dilara says. I hear the squeaking of chairs.

     "Girls, keep your hands to yourself!" Adam says, chuckling. I guess Dilara must have hit Evan. I smile wide. The social interaction is really helping me forget...

     I smell Dedrick come and get even happier. I love my mate. He comes over with plates of food and set one down in front of me.

     "Oh, Alpha Dedrick, I'll change seats," Alyssa says quickly.

     "Thank you, Alyssa," he says. I hear them change seats and Dedrick pulls me closer. I grin and kiss his shoulder.

     With Dedrick here, the conversation is a little more formal sounding. They change the subject to school. Derrick prompts me to eat, and I do.

     "When are you coming back to class, Alpha?" Dilara asks. I listen, wanting to know the answer a bit.

     "Well, the one reason why I started working, is because there was suspicion of rouges being in the school, but when that was debunked, I smelled my mate on Alyssa. Beta Kurt gave me a job and I found him. I have no reason to go back though. I think Susan took my spot?" He says. I'm is happy with his answer. I've honestly never thought about it.

     "Yeah, she did," Ben says.

     "Is she good?"

     "I mean, she's okay. I sleep all the time though." I smirk, that sounding like something Ben would do.

     "Geez..." Adam says. I've never pegged him to be this playful personality. Granted, most of the times I've met with him have been in medical situations. He sounds more relaxed.

     The conversations continue and I keep eating. I don't stop. I don't let myself. I know if I do, I'll feel full and I won't be able to eat the rest.

     "Wow, baby! Good job! I'm so proud of you." Derrick coos when I'm done, my plate empty. He gently grabs me and sets me in his lap. He must be done eating too.

     "What're you going to name your pup?" Alyssa asks. After only a week of knowing about my pregnancy, Dedrick just had to announce it. He's so proud of our little baby. I was a bit upset he gave it away so soon, but I know his intentions were pure. I look up at Dedrick.

     "Well, we haven't really thought about it. We want the gender to be a surprise though." I say softly.

     "Could we... Name them after my parents?" Dedrick asks. My heart melts a little, "Nathaniel, or Jane" He offers. I like those names. I smile.

     "Of course, " I coo, kissing his cheek. I feel everyone looking at us. They may have never seen Dedrick so gentle like this.

     "Those are cute names!" Alyssa says happily, having the natural mood-lifting personality.

     The conversation then goes to mates and their future. They may be my age, or older, but I was lucky when Dedrick found me. I listen contently, but soon, my eyes get heavy.

     "Let's get you to bed, Love." Dedrick coos. I nod my head and cling onto his body.

     "Goodnight guys," I say to them. After getting a series of good night's, Dedrick takes me upstairs and to our room. He gently takes my blanket away and sets me on the bed. I hear him pad to his side, and feel him get in. I snuggle into his warm chest and listen to his strong heartbeat.

     His heartbeat is the lullaby I fell asleep to.