Chapter 7

Dedrick's POV

My mate was hurt. It took everything in me not to kill the punks that think they can just to that to their Alpha's mate, their Luna. It's treason. They didn't know, but I don't give a shit! They will get punished, but know I need to worry about my sweet little mate. Getting beaten up by three werewolves? Yeah, no. Axel is just a frail human. He's very brave though, taking on three other men with his... disability.

I look down at the boy in my arms and sigh with sorrow. Axel doesn't deserve this. He is pure and innocent. The Moon Goddess modified him to be this way, so I won't question her decisions.

I lean down to kiss Axel's head and briskly walk to the nurse's office. I've already broken so many rules, not that I would get punished, but still. Wouldn't want to run in the hallways now. I've never understood why other teachers are so anal about it.

I shift Axel so all his weight is on one arm. He's a little too thin... I grimace when I feel his spine and rib area. He wasn't so bad it looked like he just got rescued from World War 2, but I feel bones and I'm not a doctor, but I don't think that's healthy.

I open the door to reveal the ditsy, Doctor Adams himself sleeping on one of the infirmary beds. Doctor Adams is one of the pack doctors. The best one to be exact. Reasons he's here instead of the Pack House is because, Alpha, Beta, and now Luna is here. If they get hurt then they need to the utmost care. There are plenty of doctors at the Pack House though.

"Adam's!" I coyly say with my alpha tone laced in.

Even though my voice wasn't loud, the alpha-ness in it makes just about everyone listening. Thus resulting in Doctor Adams jolted awake and jumped up on clumsy feet, overtaken by their being unused.

"G' morning Alpha Dedrick!" He says cheerfully, waving his hand while the other tries to fix his ruffled hair. He looks at my beautiful mate in my arms. "Who's that?"

I smile looking down at Axel, face so peaceful, even after the pain he's going through. "He's my mate."

Adams just smile widely, "That's great, Dedrick!" His smile falters, "What happened to him?"

I tell him what happened, about me getting him food, him being blind, the younger pack members who didn't know who he was, and where I think he's injured, I also voiced my concerns about his weight.

Adams nods and asks me to put him on the infirmary bed, he himself was sleeping on before. I walk over and place him down gently, avoiding his middle area the best I could, I was sure he was most injured there.

I pull up a chair next to the bed and grasp my mates hand softly. My wolf, Damien, was going crazy! He was pacing back and forth in my mind making me anxious. Wolves don't talk much to you, maybe if you talk first, or if they really need to voice their opinion.

Damien is pretty cool though, I'll have to show Axel what he looks- I forgot, he's blind. I bite my lip and rub my thumb over his soft hand. I really wish he could see, but even if I changed him into a werewolf, his sight couldn't be restored.

"He's not in the best of shape, but he'll live." I jumped and snapped out of my daze.

"Huh?"

"Eight ribs are broken, right hip is bruised, along with the right shoulder being dislocated, and various bruises and cuts." Doctor Adams said grimly. My wolf howled in anger, those youngsters will pay for doing this! My jaw clenched, I had to stop before I hurt someone, I loosen my grip on Axel's hand because I was squeezing it a little bit.

"I need him to be with me."

"He has a family though," Adams grab a file from a box and looks in it. "Axel Lancaster, family members: Carolin Lancaster. I'm guessing that's his mom."

"I guess the mom will just have to move in too."

End of Chapter