Chapter 1

Axel's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I open my eyes only to be met with darkness. I look over at the damned alarm clock, pressing the off switch with begrudging hate.

I lay there for a second, not wanting to accept that I have school in about two hours.

After a couple of seconds, I get up and fling the soft blanket of my body. I shiver whenever my feet hit the floor, wrapping my arms around myself, I walk to my closet. Might I add without bumping into something, that took a lot of practice?

Opening the sliding doors, I reach in and feel the material. I just wanted something simple today. Mom says I usually wear black clothing, and it takes up most of my closet, so I usually don't have a problem matching things together.

I pick out what feels to be a cotton shirt and some joggers, mom will check my outfit before I leave.

Walking into my bathroom, I start to brush my teeth and try to make my hair look a little better. I don't really remember what I look like, I do know that I have wavy hair though, and it can and most likely will get messed up. I put on my chosen close and walk back to my closet to get a pair of socks and my Nike slides.

I open the door and exit my room, not forgetting my sunglasses or my walking stick, shoving them into my pocket, and walking to the kitchen, feeling the walls as I go.

I hear mom cooking, I sniff, bacon maybe, or sausage.

"Good morning, Mom." I greet, walking behind her and kiss her cheek. I feel her jump and laugh.

"Axel Cole! You scared the bejesus out of me!"

"I'm sorry." I chuckle softly.

"It's fine!" She sighs, "Good morning to you too. Good outfit by the way."

I mumble and thanks and retreat to a barstool to sit down and wait until she was finished.

I hear her put items on plates, along with her light footsteps walking over to me, she puts the plate and a cup down. Picking up my hand, she points out the fork, the cup, and where everything is arranged on my plate. I really try not to lash out at her for that, I know she wants to help, but I'm not completely useless, I can figure out where everything is myself. I bite my cheek inhabit to keep from saying anything.

"Thank you," I say stiffly.

"You're welcome, Sweetheart."

I hear a whine and look in the sound's original direction.

"Come, Titan." I pat my thigh, calling my german shepherd over. He's my seeing eye dog. Titan's more of a pet than so, he often brings me unwanted attention. I only bring him out if I'm going to town, or places I'm not too familiar with. I don't bring him to school though, not like he would have a problem with it though.

Titan rests his head where I patted my thigh, no doubt looking up at me with his supposed brown eyes.

"Here ya go, buddy." I hand him a piece of bacon that was left over on my plate. "Easy." I cooed, handing it to him, I barely feel his receive it, but I do hear his jaws smacking, smiling, I pat his head.

"I'd hate to ruin the moment, but Axel, if you wanna go to school, I'd recommend going now."

"Oh crap! I totally forgot!" I quickly hop up after giving Titan one last pat on the head. "Thanks, Mom." I meet her at the door, she hands me my bookbag, and I lean in to kiss her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll smell ya later!" She laughs before calling me a dummy and closes the door.

Once I get about halfway up the drive, I pull out my stick from my pocket and extend it to feel around. We lived in a nice neighborhood, it's not really far away, maybe about a mile and a half. I walk every morning and evening, much to my Mom's disliking.

"Off to hell, I go."

End of Chapter