Chapter 2 - It's My Turn To Stay Inside

I walk out of My last class with a gigantic smile on my face. "It's Friday, Friday, I'm out of this prison till Monday!" I sing and hop on Jayden's back.  

        Jayden laughs and hikes me up higher so I don't fall. "Sometimes I wonder if we are just friends so I can carry you around the school all day." 

        I stick my tongue out at the back of his head even though he can't see me. "That's a part of it." I tease him. "So what are you doing this weekend? I'm gonna be all bored."

        He just shrugs. "I don't know. I was planning on hanging out with you so my plans aren't the least bit disturbed." Suddenly he stops. 

        "What is wrong?" I ask. "Why did you stop?" But then I see it.

        Jay, who's name I found out from the girl behind me in the line for extra food,  has Alyssa James pressed up against the lockers with their lips locked tight. My heart sinks slightly and my grip tightens on Jayden's shoulders. He puts me down and brings me to his side with his arm around my shoulders. 

        Jay finally looks up and smirks at me. "Admiring what you could have had Hun?" He asks in a patronizing tone.

        "Oh you have got to be kidding me." Blaze says rolling her eyes. "Who would want what any girl can have?" 

        Gasps are heard all around us. I guess Blaze must have made me say that out loud. Oops. Why can't anybody mind their business? I smile and cross my arms over my chest while at the same time Jayden pulls me closer and holds me tightly to his side. 

        "Oh shit" Blaze muses smirking. "Who knew Christmas was here already? Where is my popcorn?"

        I roll my eyes. "Look dude, I don't want you. You don't want me - a fact that I am perfectly okay with. It's all very simple. Just leave me alone. I don't care. Do the cliche teen fiction thing and take a trip to the janitors closet. It's none of my business." I glance at Jayden and then at the white double doors that lead to the bus ramp. "Come on, we'll miss our bus." I say quietly grabbing Jayden's hands and dragging him toward the door. Jay and Jayden exchange glares as they pass by each other, earning another eye roll from me. 

        "Are you guys coming? The bell for the car riders is going to ring in three minutes let's go!" Elise yells waiting impatiently by the doors. When we reach her, she looks at us and smirks. "Jayden and Jaynessa sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage- 

        "Shut the fuck up." Jayden says laughing. We both stick our tongues out at him. Elise for the moment, me just out of spite. 

        "I still ship it though." Elise mutters throwing a look over our shoulders to see our security guard Mr. Prince yelling at students to go back into their class rooms until the bell rings. "Race you!" She yells shifting her book bags over her shoulder and taking off towards the hive of parked buses. 

        "Whatever!" I reply, attempting to catch up to her. 

        "Lucky for us we know where the bus is."  Blaze says smugly. "It's not cheating if you're with your best friends. Just creative winning." Suddenly I'm being lifted off of the ground and thrown over someone's shoulder.

        "Lead the way, Your Highness." Jayden says mockingly. 

        I laugh. My best friend is an idiot. "For Narnia!" I'm sure that everyone watching us either thinks we're crazy, or in love. But really, what's the difference? Not that I love Jayden. He's my best friend.

        We're all on the same bus, but Jayden of course wins in the race though, he is on the track team after all. Elise stopped trying since one the poptarts that she took from me this morning fell out of one of the many bags she carries to school. 

       I climbed onto the bus and sat next to Jayden while Elise and Tre sat in front of us with conjoined headphones beating each other up to the loud dubstep that Tre liked and the the insane Metal and Rock that Elise lived for. With our friends occupied, Jayden turned to me and blew his hot breath in my face. 

       "Awe Man, your breath smells like Tre's shoes, just take the gum." I laughed handing him my book-bag. He smiled and pulled out my last pack of Juicy Fruit reminding me that I would have to go back to Dollar General tonight to get more. 

       "So what are we hanging out in your room or mine?" Jay asked blowing gum bubbles. 

       Elbowing him I leaned into his side. "We're hanging out in your room; I don't feel like cleaning mine."

       He laughed again, and I didn't even think about the fact that I just rejected my "soulmate" today, just the fact that I can sit here and laugh until my head and stomach hurt with one of my favorite people in the world. "You know, I don't mind being around all of those bras that I know you have all over the floor, besides, Elise sends me pictures of you guys whenever I'm at work - I could probably get her to program me a 3-D model of your room out of those pictures alone."

      I groan, "Elise," making sure to draw it out so she can hear me."

      "What?" She asks mocking me and turning around and poking just her eyes above the seat.

      "You've got to stop sending so many pictures of my room to Jayden," I say poking his chin, "It gets creepy really fast."

     She shrugs and elbows Tre's nipple trying to get his attention to change the song. She starts swaying her head from side to side and I know that I'm about to lose her attention. "It's not like he was complaining." She says and then turns back around. 

     We pull up to the local Elementary school and Elise and Tre get up since they live close to each other and Tre refuses to let her walk home to her bad neighborhood all by herself. But before they get off, Elise grabs the back of Tre's shirt, not that he was going anywhere without her and turns to me and Jayden. 

     She looks at me leaning on Jayden and his arm around my waist and shoves her phone in our faces. The mutt took a picture of us in the most compromising moment too. In the corner I could see she sent it to one person "Jay TheAsshole" 

    "I told you I shipped it." She said and let Tre lead her off of the bus.