"I think I do." He murmurs, and I tilt my head curiously.

"Really? What is it?"

"Well...Alex and I grew up together, so I know her pretty well. Enough to know that she's had a crush on me for a long time...she just doesn't know how to express it."

My eyes widen in shock, not expecting that answer at all. I figured they had history, but I didn't expect that kind of history...she seems so tense and agitated whenever he's around.

"Really?"

"Yeah, not to mention she's upset over the fact I'm not attracted her. I wish we could have just stayed friends, but she didn't take my rejection very well."

I mull over his words in my head, seeing how that could explain the off behavior...but the rest doesn't fit quite right.

"I didn't know that...is that why she's been so distant lately?" I murmur more to myself, and he sighs.

"It would make sense, especially considering how much time I'm spending with you."

My gaze snaps back up to him at that.

"What do you mean?" I ask, and he chuckles.

"You honestly haven't noticed Cutie? She jealous."

"Jealous? Why would she be jealous?"

He brings a hand up to brush a strand of hair from out of my face, and I reflexively pull away.

"Because she's figured out that I like you, and she's not happy about that."

My breath catches in my throat, my thoughts screeching to a halt. Did he really just say-?

"It's pretty obvious, she has been more distant with you lately, and hiding something. She's even acting strange whenever you're around, but she still tries to act normal. Most likely because she still considers you a friend...but she's probably upset with you regardless."

My heart drops in my stomach at the idea of her being upset with me, but it adds up...she's been acting strange ever since I've started talking to Carlos.

"But you shouldn't worry about her, she'll get over it."

I look back up to him just as he grabs my chin, that intense look in his eyes filling me with dread instead of warmth...and I can feel my body going cold at his touch.

"Get over what?" I ask nervously.

"This."

He leans down, his head tilting to the side as his lips come closer. I immediately try to pull away, but he's holding my chin firmly in place.

"Carlos, stop!" I protest, pushing against his chest urgently. He ignores it, only grabbing my wrist tightly.

"Stop!" I shout this time, and just as his lips are about to touch mine, something flies out from behind me and hits him square in the nose, making an awful crunching sound just before he hits the floor. I stare at him in shock for a few seconds before turning to see what hit him...or who, and I gasp in surprise.

Alpha FemaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara