Chapter 11

Hey Guys! This chapter is dedicated to @bluesorbet . She has guided me since my first chapter and I am so thankful to her. (Another bunch of dedications will be mentioned in the upcoming chapters!) The song sets up the mood for this chapter. The photograph is the outfit that Emma wears to school the next day. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Please ignore the mistakes and typos! X!

~~~

"Pull over Adrian, you're freaking me out." Emma shouted over the blowing wind, a wave of anxiety taking over her face. 

 "Emma Steele. Since when have you started getting so anxious. All the stories that I've heard about you, all the times that I've seen you, you've been so confident about everything. What has happened to you Emma?" Adrian asked. 

"Has Thalia put you up to this? It wouldn't be a shocker to know that Thalia asked you to do this. Where are we going. TELL ME!" Emma shouted. She started hitting Adrian on his arm in an attempt to get him to pull over. Fear was taking the better of Emma. She never liked being left in the unknown, at least not since Rachel's party.

"For the record, I don't like Thalia. And no, she has not put me up to anything. It is just a surprise Emma. Jeez. Calm down." 

"I. Hate. Surprises." Emma emphasised.

"You'll like this one."

"What is wrong with you Adrian! Pull over. I am not getting a good feeling here." Saying this Emma started hitting him on his arm with most of her strength. The crowd was thinning, they were moving towards a quieter part of the city that never slept. 

"Emma." Adrian grabbed Emma's hand and continued driving. "We're reaching in 5 minutes. You really should calm down Emma." 

Then Adrian pulled up near the back entrance of Regal furniture, Brooklyn. 

"Come on." He said while getting out of the car, clicking on the switch to close the soft top of his convertible. 

"No." Emma said defiantly. 

"Emma. Don't behave like a kid. Come on." Adrian said opening the door to the passenger's side. 

"No Adrian. I am not walking with you to a secluded store house of a furniture shop. I've seen every episode of criminal mind and law and order. I know what is gonna happen. I can't believe you are doing this to me. Why? I trusted you. I thought you were my friend."

"Emma. Don't make me do something that I don't want to. Today is the first day we've met, and I really don't wish to make it awkward between us." Adrian closed his eyes, trying to regain his composure. 

"Oh really! As if things aren't awkward enough already. You are kidnapping me, but why? Are you related to some cult? Is that what all of this is about? Am I gonna be a sacrifice? You're seriously going to do thi-" suddenly, Adrian bent down and lifted Emma on his back, locked his car and started walking towards the dilapidated building that was supposed to be the store house. 

"Put me down!" Emma shouted and tried to put up a fight by kicking her legs in the air. The hem of her pullover was now near her neck. Her bralette was visible. 

Adrian opened the door to the dilapidated building, and then turned around to close the door. He then kept walking and then flicked on a switch. Emma's heart beats were racing, and there was a rush of blood to her head. Emma saw the lights turned on and realised that they were walking towards a stage. 

'This is it. That monster is not going to kill me. Adrian is going to, for his cult.' Emma though to herself.

Tears started stinging the back of her eyes; fear had made home in Emma's chest. Just when she thought things were going her way, everything went downwards.