Chapter 2

Hey guys! Hope you like this update! The song to the side describes the situation very well and the dress to the side is what Emma wears to her High School! Hope you Like it! Ignore my mistakes and weird typos!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going to be fine. You have dealt with much worse." Emma thought. 

Emma was wondering what would happen if she shared any of her classes with Ryan or with Thalia and her Chipmunks. She might be getting back to her old self, but the traumatic scars on her mind and heart were like an albatross around her neck. 

 Lost in her thoughts she passed by a free parking space. She mentally face-palmed herself while reversing her car when suddenly, a Maybach Exelero took a sharp turn behind her and parked in her spot.

"Hey!" Emma shouted furiously.

Immediately, a memory from her past was dawning in her mind. 

This was Ryan's car. The car in which she used to hang out with Ryan before he dumped her. She had her first kiss in that car and learned how to handle a stick. Feeling overwhelmed, she closed her eyes and tried to avoid further damage to her newfound confidence.

Emma could feel her chest tighten. She felt suffocated as if she couldn't breathe. "I'm not vulnerable anymore. Emm, breathe in and breathe out. Don't let them in, don't let them break your walls, don't let them mess with you. You are Emma Steele and you have been through hell. Come on! You can do this. Breathe in... and breathe out..." she desperately tried to calm down.

Dealing with the early stages of a panic attack, Emma forgot that her car was in the middle of the parking lot. She opened her eyes and let out a heavy sigh. Ready to find a new spot, she heard a knock on her window. 

Ryan was standing outside, squinting and trying to figure out who was sitting in the car. 

 Emma, in an attempt to look indifferent, took out a pair of sunglasses from her bag and put them on.  She rolled down her window.

"Hey, you asswipe- Wait. What the fuck!" Ryan's face lost colour.

Thalia, Ryan's girlfriend, took a few steps forward so that she could have a view of the person sitting inside. Thalia's lips parted in a surprised gaze. She couldn't believe that Emma was sitting in the car. 

Their expressions gave Emma a surge of confidence. With a chip on her shoulder, Emma opened the door of her car which banged against Ryan's legs causing him to scrunch his face in annoyance.

"Ryan. Thalia." Emma acknowledged them in a cold tone. "Happy but not so happy to run into you this bright morning. I hope that my day goes well, and your toxic vibes don't affect my chakras

"What are you doing here Emma? And what happened to your maternity yoga pants? Ran out of them?" Thalia asked raising her eyebrows.
Emma and Thalia used to be best friends. Thalia always had a low tolerance for anyone she thought was better than her. Envy usually filled her and it showed on her face. 
Emma could figure out that Thalia was riled up and at any moment she could have an outburst. 

"Wow. Emm. You look great." Ryan tried to diffuse the situation. "It's been...uh.... a long time." Ryan added awkwardly.

"Get your car out of my parking space. I saw it first and I intend to park my car there. "

"Sweetie, I don't think you remember, but that is my spot." Ryan added with his billion-dollar smile that would have melted the coldest of hearts. Not Emma's though. The memories of her past haunted her. She could never forget that night when her whole life became a living hell.

" I am not your sweetie. I-"

"Emma. We may have started on the wrong foot today but, it doesn't have to be like that. Don't you think so?" Serene interrupted. Serene was the cliche stick around for Thalia. 

"This trope can't get worse than this. A self-proclaimed queen bee and her obvious side-kick." Emma thought and let out a small chuckle.

"Serene, cupcake? Do you want to feel my foot? " Emma asked sarcastically.

"What is your problem? Why are you talking to them like that? Can you just back off?" 

Emma couldn't recognize this voice or the person who said it. It was a husky voice with an amazing rhythm to it. It struck Emma's ears.  

She raised her sunglasses over her head and looked at the source of the voice. He was a black-haired boy, around 6 feet tall, wearing a white t-shirt that outlined his perfect body yet left enough to the imagination, a pair of black jeans that hung loosely on his waist and black sneakers. His hands were folded over his chest and his head cocked back smugly. It seemed as if his hair was purposely tousled to look messy allowing him to look spiffy.

Emma tried to ignore his good looks, but her heart was beating loudly against her chest. Emma could feel her heart beating. She recognised him from Ryan's pictures on Instagram. After staring at him for a minute, Emma turned to Ryan and asked in a low pitch, "Why don't you ask that well-trained dog of yours to shut his mouth? "

"Who the hell are you calling a dog?" The same voice yelled out.

"You are a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you?" Emma scrunched her nose in pity.

"Emma-" Thalia started only to be interrupted.

"You know what, call me whatever you want. I really don't care. Girls like you, who are desperate for attention usually pull such stunts. Though, let me tell you, this isn't some cliché Wattpad story." He started walking towards Emma in slow steps.  "Wake up. This is reality. These flashy  tricks don't work." He had a satisfied look on his face, and a complacent smile was curving the ends of his lips.

" Woah. Easy there, tiger. You don't even know who I am. You shouldn't go around messing with the wrong people." Emma tilted her head to look at Ryan. "I am amused that you haven't mentioned me to this assistant of yours because from what I hear, you are surviving in this school on my crumbs."

"Christan, let it be. We know her. She left our school in sophomore year and clearly, now is back." Ryan said bitterly.

"So let the games begin." Emma chirped. She got back into her car and drove off through the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight.
***

Hey reader! Hope you liked this chapter! I know it was all about the fight, but I wanted it to be descriptive so that you can imagine all the scenes in those beautiful and creative minds of yours. Please let me know what you think of the chapter!
XOXO
Much Love,
Anushka