35| Picnic Date

Chapter 35| Picnic Date

Amelia's POV:

~One Month Later~

"Thank you so much for these again, miss. You have no idea how much you have helped us." I smiled brightly at the woman who sobbed lightly, walking to her and wrapping my arms around her. She sobbed in my neck, and I patted her back gently. 

A little while ago the major orphans' house of the Pack caught fire, destroying most of the house. Most of the Pack donated to the rebuilding of the house, the major problem then being of the furniture and the clothes. The Pack's men worked tirelessly for many day and nights to build enough furniture, and I worked my ass off for the clothes. 

A month later, my efforts proved to be fruitful as the whole Pack appreciated what I did, and I even saw Michael nodding at me with approval when I had successfully unloaded all the bags in the house and organized them accordingly.

Safe to say, I had successfully redeemed myself and proved to be worthy of the Pack. I made friends with the men and the women, who were hesitant to accept me, yet they gave me a chance. 

I will always be so grateful to all of them.

My company was also running smoothly, and I learned that we can make more money by working alongside people, rather than showing that you're superior to them. 

I learned not to take things for granted, and how to accept the simpler things in life. We only have one life, and we should learn to make the most of it. I got a second chance at life, and I grasped it by the neck, making the most out of it.

I thought that I might have to keep up with the good girl facade forever, but I realized that it gave me more joy than being someone who I didn't want to be. The people didn't care about what happened in my past, and never brought it up in front of me, despite knowing what happened.

I thought that telling anyone about my problems would mean me digging my own grave as they would use it as a leverage against me, but they didn't. They accepted me, and taught me to fight against my demons and  for my future.

The major impact that helped me realize all of this would be Dylan, who spent all his days working for the Pack, and all his nights helping me figure out myself. 

Dylan was also accepted in the Pack. I could tell that the members missed him and his optimistic and caring nature. Despite having a Luna, a male leader with whom you can connect is also important. The men trained and joked with him, and the women...still ogled at him. But I did not mind it since I knew that he's my mate, and no one can steal him away from me.

I stopped being jealous, even though I was still a little possessive.

The day I woke up after completing the mating process was the best day of my life. 

I woke up feeling more exuberant than ever and I dashed out of the bed to ogle at the mark that laid on the junction where my neck and shoulder met proudly. I stared at it for more or less fifteen minutes, thanking the universe for everything that happened, even my past.

If I had not been through what I had, I wouldn't have known my worth and I wouldn't have been the woman I turned into. I was punishing myself for the past my entire life, chasing after fame and money to distract the people and myself away from the hell I went through.