1| Get Introverted!

Did you read the small insight? If you didn't then do it now! I would strongly recommend you to.

~*~

Chapter 1| Get Introverted!

Dylan's POV:

"Are we really going to do this again? At each end of the dining table, I specifically recall asking for three white and two pink roses," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. From my peripheral vision, I saw the decorator of the event look terror stricken, like a deer caught in headlights.

"There's fifteen tables, and two pink roses, so..." I trailed off, again looking at the decorator. "What's fifteen times two?" I asked in my commanding voice, just for the sake of making conversation. The decorator jerked, and I rolled my eyes heavenwards. 

When a minute had passed and no reply came, I again turned my head to face the decorator. "Hold on, I'm not dumb. I'm just panicking," The decorator stated, and I smacked my palm against my forehead. I felt like I was transported to school, when the teacher would ask me a question, and my social anxiety would make my tongue paralyzed.

"Just- fix this before the Alpha comes here," I murmured, shuddering at the thought of what my  Alpha would do if he saw the situation. "Please,"  I implored, looking at the decorator with pleading eyes.

The decorator looked shocked, to say the least, because not always would you expect the Beta of the most fearful Pack to say 'please.' I, however, did because I respected everyone, because my momma raised me right and I didn't want to sound rude. 

Mostly, it was because I saw the way the decorator trembled, looking close to shitting his pants, which I most definitely did not wish to deal with.

"Are you just going to stand there and daydream, or are you going to actually do some work?" Michael, our Alpha, chuckled, patting my back with a little too much force, making me wince.

"Oh stop it. Look, you're hurting him!" Hazel, the Pack's Luna, winced too, and Michael just chuckled again, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her to him. He looked at his pregnant wife with so much love and adoration, and I felt good seeing my best friend happy.

I looked at Michael with a mischievous grin. "Even Hazel feels my pain, what if she's my mate, too?" I teased, making Michael growl with possessiveness and wrap his arm around her waist tighter.

"No, she's mine! Only MINE!" His voice boomed across the hall and everyone stopped what they were doing to looked at the seething Alpha. They shivered visibly in fear, except for me. I knew that my best friend would never hurt me and that he had a soft spot for me underneath that stone- cold heart.

"Maybe we should put another baby in you, so that everyone knows you're mine," Michael growled, placing his nose in her hair and inhaling her scent. 

Hazel rolled her eyes, "I already am wearing your humongous mark! And besides, there is already a baby cooking in the oven!"

"Maybe another baby would start forming in your stomach if I take you from behind with your ass propped up-" 

"MY EARS! MY INNOCENT EARS HAVE BEEN SCARRED!" I exclaimed, clutching my ears and falling down on my knees. Michael just shrugged annoyingly while Hazel smacked his chest. Murmuring something in Michael's ear, she stormed off with a murderous glare on her face. I got the hint that whatever she said to him was not good.

"Do your work, you third-wheel," Michael snarled and proceeded to walk away from me, probably to apologize to Hazel or something.

"Got it, Alpha," I chuckled, feeling a pang of jealousy in my chest at the love they shared, wishing and praying to the Moon Goddess that I also get to find my mate soon.