Lots of things changing for him, but he felt it's anger, result of sharp dislike for Annika. He named it hatred just like that.

He could not express what he felt for her when she came crying that day, like a fragile doll, and hugged him! Broken like piece of glass! He hated her even more for doing that- crying like that! He argued, he knew her better than anyone else, and she is not lots of things according to him but not weak! She is stronger than, what she is showing it to world! He struggled to believe that she, Annika, the khidkitod girl can fall weak! How can she do that? She made his life hell of one, equally giving back to his attacks, his constant criticism and hatred, she never fell weak, why now? She never gave damn about anyone, not even him! How can she break like this? How can she approach anyone else for support. How can she be so weak after a misfortunate incident?

And that was his limit of understanding. A 15 yr old boy, trying to figure out a complex girl of 13yrs, whom he hates. Will he has enough knowledge to understand such situation? If not the person itself? In his confusion he does very unthinkable. Even he has no idea how it came into his mind. And what followed was the series of his confusions.

It was a Sunday afternoon, Shivaay was noticing how conveniently Annika has become 'the favourite' of entire family,except for his badi ma and little Prinku, who doesn't really get well with anyone except her mother as she was just 9 months old. But that didn't work for him, he remembers on various Sunday's in past, it was other way round, Shivaay use to play and laugh with family, cooking, chatting , it use to be their sunday routine, but after Annika's arrival his routine has changed dramatically.

An idea taken form a flop hindi movie, which his mother watched the other day, he got this stupid idea. He prepared gajar ka halwa, for everyone . Everyone loves it, bit especially gajar ka halwa? Because he knew Annika never says no to gajar ka halwa, off course he is not interested to impress her, it's his devilish plan. He added very sharp tasting chilli powder mix to her bowl, leaving other bowl as it is, he gave it to whole family and to Annika in a friendly manner,which was very curious to know but nobody actually knew why it was like that?  He knew it will work, whole family wants them to patch up, but it will definitely teach her a lesson.  Imagining and getting are two sidea of a coin.
He didn't knew Annika is allergic to chillies, he was unaware it's lethal for her. When Annika took her first morsel she didn't feel it right, she could see the spark in his eyes, which comes only when he is up to something, but she liked how he took an effort, however fake it was.

"Won't you eat for my sake, Annika?" he said, surprising Annika as well as the family. Annika has been warned by her parents to not have spicy food but she didn't knew why they said it, she thought may be like lots of things parents say to their children, it was one of them. Here, Shivaay, who rarely makes an effort for her is being polite and trying to make a conversation, she can't let the chance slip just because the said dish doesn't taste like it has to. And her innocent mind thought may be, co-incidentally Shivaay is also unaware of the chillies he put inside the dish. And Annika ate, she ate whole gajar ka halwa just to be friends with him. Him.  Shivaay who has made him cry, who makes her feel secure. And then what happened next became nightmare for Shivaay for entire life.

Shivaay saw ,Annika's pupils of eye turned red, a blood red ,as if blood will ooze out of it, her ears and little nose was shining, like a burning fire, red and  bright , she took deep long breaths, she was struggling to even take a  complete one. Her adams apple moved dramatically, choking her to breath. Shivaay was just starting at her, he knew  after eating the halwa something will happen to her, and it was happening, he can see her eyes looking upwards, being  closest to her, he saw everything in detail, her hair damp with sweats, hee forehead scrunching and hee legs wobbling, at first he was delighted after all his plan worked. He made her taste her own medicine, she should feel his pain.... but when she grabbed his hand with her shivering ones, he realized this in not exactly what he wanted, and then his heart plundered with the sight in front of him. He looked at her almost casually but he knew something is not right and he was right, it's just he realised way too later, when she fell from her chair and collapsed on the floor, still holding his hands. The whole thing looked so dramatic, same like 'et tu brute' he learned in school but he was numb!