//Chapter Five//

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

↤↤↤↤↤ 5 ↦↦↦↦↦

GIVING A SHAKY SIGH, I CONTINUED DOWN THE EVER DARK HALLWAY, THE PRESSURE OF THE BLACKNESS STARTING TO MAKE MY SKIN CRAWL. I dismissed it, and made a mental note to ask someone to turn the damn lights on. The pale glow of the next door light was in my sights, the only sound being the clicking of my shoes.

I arrived at the door and leaned against it, huffing as I switched files, allowing a new one to be on top. There wasn't a profile picture this time, which made me raise an eyebrow. Nonetheless, I started reading.

Chizome Akaguro

Age: 26

Previous admittance date: 18th July, 2014

New admittance date: 13th April, 2018

Reason/s: Was admitted here for manslaughter and then murder. Patient has a severe mental illness that discredits him for his jail time. Has also been placed in many different therapy discussions, which have failed to work.

Illness/es: PPD and depression.
-PPD, Paranoid Personality Disorder, is characterized by interpreting the actions of others as threatening or demeaning. People with this disorder are unforgiving, untrusting and prone to anger outbursts.

Warning: Patient may try to attack if feeling threatened or lied to, which is common.

Humming, I closed the file, patting down the cardboard. This guy may be one of the hardest to try and befriend, since he sees everyone as untrue and bad. I'll have to be careful about what I say, otherwise he might take it the other way.

Knocking me out of my thoughts was the sound of heavy locks grinding against eachother and locking into place. I whipped my head around, the sound of the metals sliding into place echoing through out the hallway. From the sound of it, all the doors were being unlocked.

I felt my soul leave my body as I realized that they were letting the patients out for lunch. Without warning me. In the midst of my panic, something wrapped around my waist, tugging me backwards, also making me give a short lived shriek. To my horror, a hand was clasped over my face as the door was slowly closed.

"Shh... They might hear your screams." A voice whispered, making my spine shiver. The hand was removed as the person quietly opened the door and peeked out, grunting as it was closed again.

"Thank you for that, uh...?" I began to stand up, dusting myself off. Lights were flickered on as a shadow stood in front of me, looking down at me.

"Who are you and why are you here?" The man growls, giving a hard glare. Before I opened my mouth and started stuttering, I took a breathe and held out a hand, smiling.

"I'm Y/N L/N, your new doctor. It's nice to meet you." I greet, watching the males face contort into confusion, and then disgust.

"You? Doctor? Don't make me laugh. You're weak and vulnerable, it's surprising you've lasted this far." He huffed, leaning against the glass barrier, the side he wasn't necessarily meant to be on. Giving a weak laugh, I put my hands on my hips, looking around his room from over his shoulder.

"Your room, it's better then most. Though, I never understood why they trashed their rooms." I say, almost to myself. Shrugging, he stares at me, his gaze hardened.

"What's the point in trashing the only thing you have to yourself? The rest are just stupid. Especially this one damn guy..." he grumbles, folding his arms over his chest promptly. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well you got that right. May I know who you're talking about?" I ask politely, watching as he whips his head back to scowl at me.

"Why would I tell you anything? I can't trust you, or anyone. This damned place doesn't help anyone... A damn coffin would do a better job..." he growled under his breathe, his eyes lingering to the floor. I leaned against the door and gave a small smile.

"Well, it's just us two in here. I won't tell anyone a word of what you say to anyone. That is, if you give me the chance." I counter, trying anything to make him open up to me. Because of his disorder, that part was going to be a little more harder then usual. Which was fine. He needed the most time after all.

With a growl, he shook his head. "No damn way. I've heard shit like that time and time again. Not. Happening." He growled, narrowing his gaze at me. There was a faint siren that could be heard from the outside, the high pitch resonating from underneath the door. I gave a short lived chuckle, nodding.

"I understand. You're not exactly a people person. I'll wait though. I'm not going to stop until you open up, so expect me tommorow." He groans, tossing his head to the side.

"What's the point? You're just wasting your time." He grumbles, giving a side glare. I put my hand on the door handle, getting ready to exit the room.

"That's not true. You just gotta give it time, y'know." I opened the door, stepping outside. "Anyways, I'll see you tommorow. Have a good day!" I closed the door, predicting that the male wasn't going to say anything back. The corridor was actually somewhat lit for a change, which made me raise an eyebrow.

"Miss Y/N?" I shrieked as a hand was placed on my shoulder, making me jump out of my  skin. I turned to see Kurogiri giving a startled expression, as if that scared him more then me. He quickly retracted his hand and took a step back, a hand on his chest. "A-Ah, please forgive me. I didn't mean to startle you at all." He sighed, taking a deep breathe. I started to giggle, before laughing softly.

"Looks like you scared yourself more. And it's okay, good to see you." I replied calmly, grinning at the purplette, golden eyes shining brightly as his side swept deep purple hair looked as fluffy as ever on pale skin. He gave a chuckle, nodding himself.

"Yes it does appear so. What are you doing here? The facility closed about five minutes ago." He asked, peering down at me. My mouth formed an 'o' in understanding.

"Oh, I didn't know. I should probably head out then." I rub my neck, giving an awkward smile. He beamed a grin, nodding to the end of the corridor.

"Well, allow me to accompany you. I am headed the same direction after all." He offers, wearing a small smile. I nod and we get on our way, the eerie silence filled with the echoing of our shoes.

"If everyone was taken to their rooms already, then how come you're still here?" I ask, giving the much taller male a side glance. He gave a tired sigh, letting his shoulders relax.

"Mr Tomura Shigaraki was having an argument with Mr Compress, which led him to flipping the table and splashing that rotten prison food on my shirt. I had to go to the restroom and clean myself up." He answered, giving a frown. I nodded, hands in my pockets.

"I'm assuming the two you're referring to are my next patients." He gives a nod, abruptly stopping and placing his hand on a door knob.

"Indeed they are. This is my stop, per say. Have a delightful night, Miss Y/N. I will await you tommorow." He flashes a warm smile before opening the door. I return the smile as I wave, watching him walk in and close the door. Turning back around, I gave a sigh, walking to the end of the darkening hallway.

Today was... definitely something.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀