Chapter 10.

Kylie

I was suddenly pushed into a huge dark room where heavy music was thumping loudly from the massive stereos hidden away in a corner.

The smell of sweat, sex, alcohol and drugs immediately assaults my nostrils, and I cringe at the scent.

My eyes slowly begin to adjust to the dark room that had bright red, green and blue lazer lights spinning all around the heavily crowded space. 

People were grinding on each other and swaying their bodies aggressively to the music that played. 

The party patreons were either bumping into me, or brushing their sweaty skins against mine, causing me to cringe each time. 

Chloe expertly maneuvers the crowd and drags me over to the only place that was brightly lit with florescent light. 

She tugs me towards two empty seats that were nestled before what looked to be a platinum bar. 

She whistles to catch the female bartender's attention before leaning over the counter and whispering in her ear. 

The bartender nods and moves off. 

Chloe then turns her attention to me with a bright smile.

"What did you say to her?" I inquire suspiciously, arching an accusatory brow at her.

She laughs at my expression before pinning me with a mischievous stare.

"I ordered us two pornstars." She smirks and my eyes widen a fraction.

"Chloe!" I gasp unbelievingly, my mouth hanging open in horror. She laughs at me loudly, gripping her stomach.

"Kylie calm down! It's not what you think, it's just a drink." Just as she says that, the bartender comes back announcing that our drinks are ready. 

Chloe takes a greedy sip of hers and I stare at mine hesitantly.

"Does this have alcohol?" I ask curiously, unease cramping my stomach. Chloe rolls her eyes in exasperation.

"Kylie, it's a drink that's called 'porn star' of course it has alcohol, plus you're like what? Twenty? Twenty-one? You can drink alcohol." She lectures. I roll my eyes at her and flatten my lips. 

"I know I can drink, but here?" I ask, looking around my surroundings, feeling uncomfortable.

"Kylie. No one is gonna hurt you here." She mutters in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Are you sure, because I think I just saw that man walked by with a gun tucked in his waist." I mutter lowly, staring at the back of the head of a man that just walked by.

Chloe scoffs with a dainty eye roll, and I suddenly remember the gun hidden in my own purse.

Chloe grips my hand and pulls her seat closer to mine before gesturing around the room.

"Tell me what you see Kylie." She mutters, staring off into the crowd. 

"I see people dancing." I reply shortly, a frown marring my face. 

"What else?"

"Um, I don't know." 

"Look closely Kylie." 

At her words, I turn my eyes to the crowd and zoom in on the moving bodies before me. My vision focuses as it starts to make a 180° curve and I gasp harshly.

At the left corner of the room, in what seemed to be a private section, men where gambling and smoking big cigars with packs on top of packs of cocaine before them.